These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.35

Post by vince1612
App Store release notes wrote:Check out what’s new in Waze:
- Redesigned ETA screen - see a traffic forecast for your destination before you start driving
- Minor bug fixes
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.34
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by UrisKatzz
Waze 4.35.0.15, iPhone SE, iOS 11.2.6 and CarPlay.
The app keep changing the sound (music) quality when app is on screen. Feels like its changing from stereo to mono, it has this "bump" of mute when going to the app, and goes back to normal when switching out of the app. If I want the sound to be good again while app on screen I can use Siri and cancel it, but once there's a voice alert from Waze it changes the sound again.
Hope this make sense... Thanks!
UrisKatzz
Send a message

Post by twentw
Having to hit the Stop button twice to stop navigation is a bad idea. This needs to be simplified not made more complicated.
twentw
Send a message

Post by tonytx05
Please bring back the colored icons for Routes and Send ETA. With everything the same color now it makes it harder to tell which is which at a glance.

I agree the double tap to stop navigation seems unnecessary. I never ran into issues of hitting it by accident before and inadvertently stopping my route, so I don’t see what benefit this brings.
tonytx05
Send a message
Area Manager: Andrews | Brazos County | Houston

https://s.waze.tools/c3s.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/beta.png

If you edit in Texas, please make sure you read the following:
USA South Central Region Info | Best Practices | Edits to Avoid

Post by StrefoCool
Waze show me driving backwards as well. Google maps has been doing something similar as well for years. Waze was completely dependable u til very recently. Now, Maps is my backup. I drive a Subaru Forester and i was wondering if it was my head unit.
StrefoCool
Send a message

Post by Sman6725
DeltaNu1142 wrote:I have a problem that seems to have started after the upgrade to Waze v4.35.1.2.

With my phone plugged into a CarPlay USB port, if I'm listening to FM audio in my vehicle, Waze audio will interrupt and the audio source switches to iPhone. If I'm listening to a podcast, the podcast will pause for the Waze announcement, and then fail to resume. For the several months or year leading up to the upgrade, FM audio would resume after the Waze announcement, or the podcast would automatically resume.

"Mute Waze during calls" and "Pause spoken audio" are set to ON. Sound output is set to play as a Bluetooth phone call.

I don't think CarPlay has anything to do with it, because no software or hardware has changed in my vehicle for over a year. The only other thing it could be is an iOS version change... I don't recall when it started happening.

This is pretty annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same problem, and is extremely annoying.

Does anyone have a solution? Thank you.
Sman6725
Send a message

Post by sixjon
Can no longer control WAZE from iPad when plugged into HDMI cable since update:

I have an iPad permanently installed in my dash, with lightning hdmi out split to optical for pure digital sound, and then also split to my built in monitor in my car. It does output the map at the correct ratio to the monitor, however, it cannot be controlled at all as the iPad has a black screen and pressing the disconnect button does nothing (no response at all) When I disable the "control from car unit" button, it just slides right back to toggled on.

Please help! =]
sixjon
Send a message

Post by SaveWorld
Finally got an email back from Waze Support regarding how to fix my Waze blank map problem. They said that uninstalling Waze, then restarting iPhone, then reinstalling Waze should work to restore map functionality -- and it worked! Phew!
SaveWorld
Send a message

Post by SaveWorld
I'm using Waze 4.25.0.15, iOS 11.2.6 (both the latest) on an iPhone 6s in the United States (Silicon Valley) with 52 GB used of 128 GB available. My data & Wifi connections are both very strong. Yet Waze will only show me a blank map. Uninstalling and reinstalling Waze does not fix the issue. Shutting down the phone and restarting it does not fix. All my other apps are working fine but not Waze.This has been happening since early February and makes Waze essentially useless. It forces me to only use Google Maps or Apple Maps for navigation. Screen shot attached.

Any ideas what is going wrong and how to fix?
SaveWorld
Send a message
Attachments

Post by SarahElizabethSpeedy70
Hello

I wonder if anyone can help? I am using an iphone SE on ios 11. When I get a waze link and click on it, it says Uh Oh the link must be broken or the user must have cancelled it. Anyone else getting this problem? Is there a fix?

thank you

Sarah
SarahElizabethSpeedy70
Send a message