These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dalvic
Interesting that on the Ford Owner web site of compatible apps it does not list Waze.
dalvic
Send a message

Post by dalvic
Sounds like waze will be on CarPlay with IOS12. Due in September.
dalvic
Send a message

Post by dashto
It's buggy, crashes a lot, and laggy. Many screens, in particular the one confirming your address and when you hit to confirm location, don't scroll down and hide items offscreen.

Honestly, Apple Maps is infuriating, but this experience is pretty awful, even if the nav is much better.

Is there any indication that there's a release roadmap that will solve any of the Sync or Waze issues? I'm about to abandon.
dashto
Send a message

Post by DCXP3
FordGuy12 wrote:Latest Sync 3.0 latest build...... updated Waze...... no Waze on Sync. Tried to vehicles 2018 Mustang and 2017explorer both with factory nav.
Same here. 2017 Ford Edge w Sync3 v3.0. Waze v4.37.0.0. Nothing.
DCXP3
Send a message

Post by DCXP3
patocwz wrote:I don't see sync 3.3 update available...I only see 3.0 on owner.ford.com
Where did you get version 3.3 from?
The latest Sync3 version I’m showing is v3.0. The build is JR3T-14G381-AL.
DCXP3
Send a message

Post by DCXP3
Airborne_Ape wrote:False. The latest build of Sync 3 for North America is build 18039 file: JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz , which you will want to install along side this file: JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz to clear up an auto update glitch.
That's interesting. I don't know what the issue is then. Ford's website does not appear to have that version available for download and only indicates I am running the latest available software.

I show "Build 18025_PRODUCT". Perhaps the build is vehicle specific, and not available for all models yet.
DCXP3
Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by DCXP3 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post by DCXP3
SgtAWilson wrote:
cbrooks10 wrote:Boom! Just got the latest “minor” update 4.37 and it shows up on sync 3.0!!!
Ive just updated to Waze 4.37.0.6 and ive got Sync 3.0 but I cant get Waze to run without Android Auto.

How do you get it to appear then?
Is Waze 4.37.0.6 the same release number for Android as IOS, or is the IOS revision number different? I have the latest Waze update on IOS (updated April 16), and it is only showing 4.37.0.0.
DCXP3
Send a message
Attachments

Post by DCXP3
Waze became available for me yesterday for the first time:

2017 Ford Edge
Sync 3 version 3.0 / Build 18025 (Note: Did NOT need to modify any sync files as some have said)
Waze release 4.37.0.0
iPhone 6S running IOS 11.3

Below are some pics for reference:
DCXP3
Send a message
Attachments

Post by DecoratedHawk
Upgraded from Sync 2 to Sync 3 today, and using iPhone X, Waze is working great. You need to disable CarPlay, and update to latest Waze app (their description in the latest update specifically mentions Sync 3 compatability.) You will need to have Waze running on your phone, but it will be locked. All functionality is in touch screen and works great!
DecoratedHawk
Send a message

Post by Diamondtrons
Waze is now active for Ford Sync 3.3
But..... Extremely slow with a very low definition and no spotify compatibility :(
What a disappointment!!!!!! :x
Hopefully they will update soon
Diamondtrons
Send a message