These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by H_ahmad77
At least it worked for you! I have waze icon appears for 1 second on my sync3 3.0 screen then closes and force closes on my iphone x, and no remedy so far
H_ahmad77
Send a message

Post by Habib_007
I'm using it everyday since 2 Weeks now. It works, if you have updated your Sync 3.0 to the software 3.0 18025 or newer.
I use a iPhone X, but sometimes it's a little bit buggy and I hope this issue will be fixed in one of the next Waze Updates.
Habib_007
Send a message

Post by I_Byd_It
I got it working today April 18 . . 2017 Fusion. Upgraded to Sync version 3 via USB. Waze iOS version 4.37. After upgrade I went into Sync 3 mobile apps settings and enabled all settings and all app categories. Killed car and restarted. BOOM! Waze app showed up in apps. Tapped on Waze and it said waiting on device. Started waze on iPhone and it came up on Sync. Awesome . . iPhone was connected via USB to Sync.
I_Byd_It
Send a message

Post by IdRatherBeFlying11E
I have gotten Waze to work on Ford SYNC 3 by disabling CarPlay. Now, however, I am not able to send/receive text messages through SYNC 3. I get a message that says 'SYNC does not have access to text message from (my) iPhone.' Does anyone know how to remedy this?
IdRatherBeFlying11E
Send a message

Post by IndyCarSuperFan
New 2018 F-150, SYNC 3.0, now just waiting on WAZE.
IndyCarSuperFan
Send a message

Post by itzwolf
Airborne_Ape wrote:False. The latest build of Sync 3 for North America is build V3.0 18039 file: JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz , which you will want to install along side this file: JR3T-14G423-CA_103602.tar.gz to clear up an auto update glitch which can block future updates.

https://preview.ibb.co/gtKg6n/photo480.jpg
I just updated to this version last night after browsing F250/F150 forums and came across some of your posts. Thanks for the file names and script you whipped up. I modified the OEM 18025 release package and did a full update again to 18093. Being that I am an Android user, I was hoping the defaulting to FM or sometimes complete audio off at start-up would be fixed more than anything. I would like to see Android be supported this way because Android Auto leaves a lot to be desired.
itzwolf
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JanMatejkaCool
Very buggy. SYNC 3.0 in a Ford Edge with iOS 11.3 on a iPhone 6s. App will crash especially if the drive is interrupted with a stop. Sometimes app won’t recognize search history and just sits there. App also pulls up my Ford Edge phone interface for every waze voice alert. Cannot select waypoint options on the route such as fuel because SYNC 3 menu covers up the waze buttons. With all the fanfare can’t understand why it isn’t ready for prime time.
JanMatejkaCool
Send a message

Post by jdm1917
Honestly, I think it is pretty poor customer service of Waze reps not to provide any updates onWaze on Ford cars and trucks with 3.0. If you tell us another 2, 3, 4 weeks we can handle it. We just are asking how the progress is coming.
jdm1917
Send a message

Post by jdm1917
Waze with ford is working now. Make sure you start Waze on your phone and then connect the cable. Click on the Nav icon and Waze and the Ford nav should be available.
jdm1917
Send a message

Post by jdm1917
Waze with ford is working now. Make sure you start Waze on your phone and then connect the cable. Click on the Nav icon and Waze and the Ford nav should be available.
jdm1917
Send a message