These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Cannot use Google Assistant with Waze with Galaxy S9

Post by Maximuscat
I've got a new Samsung Galaxy S9. Noticed I'm unable to use Google Assistant to make calls whenever Waze is on screen. Every time I have Waze on screen and push the steering wheel microphone button to use Google to dial a number I get "Can't reach Google at the moment".

As soon as any other screen is on, even if Waze is on on the background, it works. Only when the actual Waze navigation is screen is on does this happen.

I've come across a few claims the "OK Waze" function may be a cause, but such was NOT an issue with my old Galaxy S7.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Maximuscat

POSTER_ID:17356052

Send a message

Post by killerz298
I noticed something similar with google voice input on my Note 5. When "ok waze" feature is enabled google voice input will not work in the waze app. If Waze is running my facebook messenger chat heads will not allow google voice input either. When I deactivate "ok waze" all runs normally again. I submitted a ticket to Google. Everyone else should do the same.
killerz298
Send a message

Post by WVOz1970
It is indeed the "OK Waze" causing it. I had a similar issue in that my headset button wouldn't work. I would get "Cannot reach Google at the moment". As soon as I went into settings and turned off "OK Waze", everything started working fine.
WVOz1970
Send a message