These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.38

Post by
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
- Fixed a few bugs so it’s easier to save time & avoid traffic with Waze.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.37

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by abc1357
LovelyLaw123 wrote:My friends ste all gone too. I go to Menu, tap on my name, tap on My Friends and get the message "Check back soon, Your Facebook friends who use Waze will appear here"
I don't understand why my friends have been deleted and why I can't add friends.
@LovelyLaw123. Please read 8 messages up above where this is all explained.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bsc249
My waze friend list and eta are STILL NOT WORKING... I've waited patiently as previous posts have mentioned but this is getting ridiculous... is this another good app about to go down in flames?!?
bsc249
Send a message

Post by bsc249
RussPA wrote:We haven't gotten an official announcement yet on the friends issue, other than what was on page 1 here, so we really don't know where things stand. But Waze isn't going down in flames, the core functionality of navigation is still going strong.
That explanation I can deal with, if you don't know just say so. Should have been said back on the 17th when someone wrote it would be a couple days, it's now nearly two weeks later...

However, I disagree with your 2nd comment. I can get simple navigation from a plethora of apps, most notably google maps. I limit repetitive apps but I like Waze because of the added features & social network you guys have developed. Most important to me: the notification feature and seeing friends...

On a side note: I really wish you guys would develop a paid (premium services) version. I would gladly pay a couple bucks a month for no ads and a couple key improvements I would like to see. My top suggestion: let me pick individual hazards like "Pot Hole" to turn on/off... I live in NYC and we have potholes every other mile and I want to beat those idiots grubbing for points by listing every other bump as a pot hole or the numb-skulls tagging every puddle when it rains. As it stands now my only option is to turn off All Hazards, which I regrettably do...

Actually, to go one better: let me block notifications from specific users! That way I could leave on hazards and slowly over time eliminate the people clogging up the map with useless info chasing points!
bsc249
Send a message

Post by BTStar
On android v4.38.14.

Noticed that we don't get notification of points after creating a new place - it's fine if they don't display that so long as it is adding to the tally... Not sure if it's just me :(

I know they removed this function for gas price updates, then reinstated it in the next update.

Also get the error message as per below - Sorry! There was a problem updating the place. Please try again later - after adding the place and editing the details. I can always go back into the WME and fix, so that doesn't bother me as much.
BTStar
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Attachments

Post by BTStar
Hi, I've updated to Waze version 4.39.0.3 on Android.

Thanks to the team who have fixed the ETA and remaining distance font reducing as you get closer to your destination. I'm not sure if that was a bug initially or whether it was someone's crazy idea!
BTStar
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by BTStar
cnl390 wrote:
BTStar wrote:Hi, I've updated to Waze version 4.39.0.3 on Android.

Thanks to the team who have fixed the ETA and remaining distance font reducing as you get closer to your destination. I'm not sure if that was a bug initially or whether it was someone's crazy idea!
I have Version 4.39.0.3 and mine still has the same issues.
Hi, sorry to hear that... I updated mine through play store. I'll attach a screenshot today.

Maybe try restarting your phone and cleaning your cache? Hope it works out for you.. ;)
BTStar
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by cnl390
I have noticed that during a drive when I hit Send ETA my friends no longer show up. I go to Menu, tap on my name, tap on My Friends and get the message "Check back soon, Your Facebook friends who use Waze will appear here"
I don't understand why my friends have been deleted and why I can't add friends.
cnl390
Send a message

Post by cnl390
Fifth313ment wrote:This is a lot longer than a "few days". Without the send ETA function there is no reason to use Waze as Google maps is a better navigator. I guess without ETAS and friends the only real use is police traps and that's it. Why has a member of the Waze team not said anything or had a popup in the app of any info AT ALL?! No they haven't said anything, just look at the reviews in the play store with people mad about this issue.
I also use Waze mainly for the ETA function. Without it is of no use to me.
cnl390
Send a message

Post by cnl390
Well I see that my profile picture changed from the one I uploaded a couple of years ago to my Facebook profile picture, and I DIDN"T DO IT!
cnl390
Send a message

Post by cnl390
BTStar wrote:Hi, I've updated to Waze version 4.39.0.3 on Android.

I have Version 4.39.0.3 and mine still has the same issues.
cnl390
Send a message