These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Friends

Post by
After this last update I no longer see my friends from Facebook or my contacts...I've tried logging out and logging back in... disconnected Facebook then re connected..and verified my phone number 3 times. Any help is appreciated

POSTER_ID:17431560

Send a message

Post by Arniedeparnie
Same issue here could we wait for it or should we switch to Facebook or other app
Arniedeparnie
Send a message

Post by ArTsLeOpS
There is currently a problem with the friends function. Waze is aware of it and they are fixing it.
ArTsLeOpS
Send a message

Post by awk1985
bpox wrote:
RussPA wrote:Waze Friends doesn't work, but ETA sharing does still work, you just hit More when you click Send ETA and then you can chose the method you want to send. I use SMS for sending ETA and it has been and is still working fine.
Actually, ETA isn't working anymore also. First off all, I'm very disappointed in what's gong on with Friends and FB. Me and my wife are not on FB and never will be. Friends was working super to keep each other up-to-date on our route and give a short notice when one arrives. Super! Up until lately.

Now, the ETA isn't working since I reinstalled latest version (=Android) (hoping to solve friends issue). When I sent ETA, my wife gets the route, but my wazer isn't showing on the map (never => and I'm not in hide mode). While I'm driving the ETA on her app just keeps adding up. Minute by minute. So the ETA is not correct. That plus the fact that she can't see me anymore on the map makes it quite useless.

Hope this will be fixed soon. Never change a winning team.

We are already looking for alternatives...
This is the main reason why I use Waze. I really want this feature back!
awk1985
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
If this is true, then that’s bad. Im not going to use Facebook just for Waze. And sharing an eta with a non friend takes too many taps. Used to be able to share eta with a friend (the wife) with a single tap. Now I need to scroll down a long list to find her, impossible to do in less than 30 seconds so I don’t bother. Shame about loss of important and useful functionality
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by BabyRadsDoc
I'm incredibly confused as to why this is even an issue. The ONE thing that separates Waze from other navigation appsis the ability to share drives easily with contacts. And now that doesn't work (again)!
Why would I use this app instead of Apple Maps, Google Maps or 100 other navigation apps!?!

PLEASE fix this immediately. I'm too old and lazy to start using something new.
BabyRadsDoc
Send a message

Post by BobbyPutney_est1972
im with YOU, i deleted my account, hoping they will change friend aspect of app. We are not all slaves to FB. (sad abuse of our enthusiasm for WAZE, assuming they could do whatever they want- knowing perfectly well, many of us would be upset. id even pay for the app to be better.
BobbyPutney_est1972
Send a message

Post by BobTheSlob14
I got a response from Waze Support: "Please know that the option to add contacts to Waze friends has been deprecated." Unusual word choice, but it's pretty clear this was a conscious decision to remove the regular Friends functionality. No idea what Waze/Google has to gain by going all in with Facebook, but it's unacceptable. I specifically choose NOT to use Facebook and now I've lost the Friends functionality I always used with my wife and friends.
BobTheSlob14
Send a message

Post by bojorquezman
Was this issue fixed? I have been fighting with this friends issue for a while now. So I finally decided to post. ETA sharing doesn’t work. Previously I was able to send ETA but my friends were unable to see it and viceversa. Online friends are simply not shown. And now I can’t even send a bip bip as no friends are shown even if me and my friends are connected.
bojorquezman
Send a message

Post by bpox
RussPA wrote:Waze Friends doesn't work, but ETA sharing does still work, you just hit More when you click Send ETA and then you can chose the method you want to send. I use SMS for sending ETA and it has been and is still working fine.
Actually, ETA isn't working anymore also. First off all, I'm very disappointed in what's gong on with Friends and FB. Me and my wife are not on FB and never will be. Friends was working super to keep each other up-to-date on our route and give a short notice when one arrives. Super! Up until lately.

Now, the ETA isn't working since I reinstalled latest version (=Android) (hoping to solve friends issue). When I sent ETA, my wife gets the route, but my wazer isn't showing on the map (never => and I'm not in hide mode). While I'm driving the ETA on her app just keeps adding up. Minute by minute. So the ETA is not correct. That plus the fact that she can't see me anymore on the map makes it quite useless.

Hope this will be fixed soon. Never change a winning team.

We are already looking for alternatives...
bpox
Send a message