Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.39

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: IOS 12 Beta 1 -Waze not connecting to GPS

Postby Moleshome » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:49 am

gal24 wrote:Hi all,
i download the IOS 12 Beta 1 and waze not connecting to GPS.
(works before 11.4.1 iPhone X)
Anyone else?

I'm getting the same issue on iPhone 7 with IOS 12 Beta 1. There seems to be a workaround which is to close Waze, open another app which uses GPS, close that and then re-open Waze.
Moleshome

Re: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.39

Postby samil69 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Hello,
The latest version V4.39.2 solves the crash problem at startup.
Thanks to the waze team.
samil69

Postby davidkep » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:46 pm

I just checked and I have 4.39.2 and GPS still doesn’t work in iOS 12 beta. Appears to work in Apple Maps. Turned off Location Services, soft reset, turned on location services. Issue persists. iPhone X AT&T
davidkep

Re: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.38

Postby vuwildcat07 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:35 pm

My iPhone 8 Plus has been completely freezing in that it none of my buttons or screen movements works for about 30 seconds and then a bunch of actions happen all at once before it freezes again. Seems to happen intermittently at the end of a Waze navigation trip. Started happening about a week ago around the time of an upgrade. Have to do a hard restart to fix. Getting very annoying.
vuwildcat07

Postby pcardoza » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:07 am

Had the same exact issue, but 4.39.2 seems to have resolved that one for me & my 8-plus

vuwildcat07 wrote:My iPhone 8 Plus has been completely freezing in that it none of my buttons or screen movements works for about 30 seconds and then a bunch of actions happen all at once before it freezes again. Seems to happen intermittently at the end of a Waze navigation trip. Started happening about a week ago around the time of an upgrade. Have to do a hard restart to fix. Getting very annoying.
pcardoza

Postby CAP2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:34 pm

vuwildcat07 wrote:My iPhone 8 Plus has been completely freezing in that it none of my buttons or screen movements works for about 30 seconds and then a bunch of actions happen all at once before it freezes again. Seems to happen intermittently at the end of a Waze navigation trip. Started happening about a week ago around the time of an upgrade. Have to do a hard restart to fix. Getting very annoying.

I'm having the exact same issue on Iphone 8 under ios 11.4 with latest waze update ( 4.39.2.0).
Sometimes, at the end of a navigation trip, the iphone gets frozen for about 30 seconds. It happens almost each time, and the only solution afterwards is to hard reset the iphone (vol+ / vol - / hold power button)
CAP2

Postby ARHogFan4Life » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 am

I’ve had Waze for 3 weeks and have not scored a single point. Also scoreboard hasn’t changed since i started. How is this possible? I drove about 500
Miles with the app on, and destination selected etc. added multiple cops, road hazards etc over multiple days
ARHogFan4Life

Postby vince1612 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 am

ARHogFan4Life wrote:I’ve had Waze for 3 weeks and have not scored a single point. Also scoreboard hasn’t changed since i started. How is this possible? I drove about 500
Miles with the app on, and destination selected etc. added multiple cops, road hazards etc over multiple days

The same question was answered in several threads (I lost count now) but there is a known delay, as can be seen on https://status.waze.com/ on the top table, since May the 14th. So anyone who started to use the App after than will obviously be affected.

Delay does not mean lost, only that there was no points update, but when it will happen you will get your points, those are still being recorded correctly.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ARHogFan4Life » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks, but how they let a ‘delay happen for 3 weeks is very concerning
ARHogFan4Life

Postby vince1612 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:34 pm

ARHogFan4Life wrote:Thanks, but how they let a ‘delay happen for 3 weeks is very concerning

Actually not so much as it happens once or twice a year at least. We're all very used to it.

Last I heard they expect the issue to be resolved this coming week.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App