These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.42

Post by
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier now with these improvements:
- Now there’s a faster way to save your home & work addresses
- Fewer taps needed to stop navigation
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.41

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by adcjones
If Waze doesn't put the lock up north feature back, I'm done with it.
adcjones
Send a message

Post by Banditz71
qazwsxMeow3 wrote:.......I am also getting the constant blue 'car details' message which is extremely annoying.
Not sure if this has been posted before but after a bit of research, I found that I was only getting the message when the phone is in landscape mode.
So, when I attach the phone to my dashboard holder, I turn the phone to up/down 'portrait' mode for a couple of seconds, then turn it back to landscape mode (as my phone holder only supports this mode) and the blue message disappears.
This needs to be done each time the app is started.
I have experienced the very same thing .... was going to post about it, but never got around to it. Thank "you" for doing so!!
Banditz71
Send a message

Post by bhavenga
Agreed. I just downgraded to 4.41 because of the broken North Lock-up issue. Worst update in years.
bhavenga
Send a message

Post by bluerulez
Just uninstall and download the 4.41.1.0 version from apk mirror.
bluerulez
Send a message

Post by BonnieS240
Please bring back the option to lock north-up!!!!!
BonnieS240
Send a message

Post by BonnieS240
This is helpful, thank you. But you have to re-do it every time you open the app. You used to be able to set it to default with north locked up. I have no idea why they would have removed that setting, but it's very annoying.
RussPA wrote:I'm not sure what the confusion is about, if you tap the map, the compass appears, just tap the compass and you can toggle North Up mode. It's still there. It's not retentive through an app restart, though.
BonnieS240
Send a message

Post by bschipper65
Add me to the list of users who will drop Waze if the LOCK north up option is not returned.
bschipper65
Send a message

Post by Chuck_IV
g4il1 wrote:What is up with the new blue Car Details button right under the car on the map?
I do understand it is good to show it once so the user can set the correct values but why is it always there even after all that is done? and is there anyway to remove it?
Agreed. Seems like it is broken. It appears for me right over the arrow, so it is annoying. I've already set my vehicle type so it should go away but doesn't. Cant figure out how they missed this big either. It blatantly obvious.

Going to roll back to the the prior version till this is ready for prime time.
Chuck_IV
Send a message

Post by clheiny
"It [North up lock] should be back in the next update."

Do you have any outlook on when that will be? The Tilt-a-Whirl map is really getting on my nerves.
clheiny
Send a message

Post by DavidBrinza
I cannot believe "Lock North-up" was removed from Waze.
Maybe the developers never actually used a map or took a geography class. Having the display spin on every turn is very annoying and distracting.

PLEASE RESTORE "LOCK NORTH-UP" BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT!!
DavidBrinza
Send a message