Waze only : GPS is not working anymore for Oneplus users  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Waze only : GPS is not working anymore for Oneplus users

Postby Szenky » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Same in Oneplus 5T from Hungary.
Oneplus 5t
Oxigen OS 5.1.4
android 8.1.0
Waze 4.42.0.5
The problem has been there since aug.21.2018. Yesterday night works fine.
Szenky

Postby TaranQ » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Same over here for me it started after the 5.1.11 update on OP6. All other gps based apps work perfectly fine. I heavily rely on Waze so I hope it gets fixed soon.
TaranQ

Postby TaranQ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:11 am

vince1612 wrote:@binoSunny4: Waze did communicate, early on it was posted that they were looking into the issue and asked for debug logs, their latest communication was shared a few pages back by a Champ.

@elibek and eveyone else: Please STOP to uninstall/reinstall - This was NEVER suggested as a possible solution, 100% of the people who tried it already reported that it does not work.

@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.

battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?

Ohww yeah this seems to fix the problem. Go into settings - battery - battery optimisation - 3 dot menu upper right - advanced optimisation - choose advanced optimisation.

I used Waze this morning to work and it seems to work. I do notice it takes some time to get GPS fix again after switching to other app and last 50m to destination it shows trip finished but at least it works (so long so good)

Maybe some caution because it seems advanced battery optimisation can lead to apps not giving any notifications until opened, so maybe it's an option to switch it off after using Waze? Haven't tried yet.

Which makes me believe it's a OnePlus problem after all. Older Waze versions that used to work and still work fine on other phones don't work on OnePlus and my guess is OnePlus has some weird battery optimisation code going on to improve the neverending forum filled "bad battery life" problems (which imo are mostly unjustified)
TaranQ

Postby TaranQ » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:08 am

It seems like the problems have disappeared overnight. I switched advanced battery optimisation off and Waze acts fine as it did before.
Very curious though how they fixed it, without any physical update (did they push something in the background?)
Anyway thanks to the coder who gave up his sleep last night to fix this ;-)
TaranQ

Postby TaranQ » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:35 pm

The problem is generally solved. OnePlus pushed modified software to OP phones. Just uncheck advanced battery optimisation and reboot. Waze should work normal again!
TaranQ

Postby TIM_MKT » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:01 pm

One plus 5 user in the UK here, I have exactly the same issue, clearing the cache and/or removing the app only fix the issues for about 5 seconds
TIM_MKT

Postby titan18 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Just got OnePlus 7T Pro, Waze works well in Android Auto. However, when call is active, looks like Waze lost GPS signal. After the call is ended, Waze returns to normal navigation. It doesn't happen with Google Maps. Looks like some issue with Waze.
titan18

No GPS signal

Postby ToyoBeer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

Since this morning Waze has lost GPS connection. Every try of setting the journey disconecting the GPS.My phone OnePlus 6 on Oreo newest Android Oxy ver.
ToyoBeer

Postby ukjohnd » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Oneplus6 uk same issue. GPS fine other apps. Debug Log submitted.
ukjohnd

Postby ukjohnd » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 am

Toggling Advanced Battery Optimisation worked and leaving Waze app battery optimisation on. Followed by a reboot
Screenshot_20180822-105341.jpg
Screenshot_20180822-105341.jpg (17.52 KiB) Viewed 308 times
[MOD Note] Image resized, please avoid posting big images that fill the entire screen, resize them before posting.
ukjohnd

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App