These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze only : GPS is not working anymore for Oneplus users

Post by fabien00
Dear Waze bugs hunters,

Sth strange is happening, please go to :
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/waze ... t-19006224
https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/waze ... al.891577/

Many Oneplus users are complaining about the GPS not working anymore with Waze...

Hope you can help.
Cordially,
FR
fabien00

POSTER_ID:17411750

Send a message

Post by ekobrigo
I have oneplus5 android version 8.1. Waze stopped working yesterday although all other apps use the gps normally. I tried uninstalling and installing. I even tried to install 2 older versions of waze. Nothig works. After restart when running waze the gps icon shows at the top and after a few secods it disapears. And no matter what you do in waze it does not show. As if waze is not even starting to call the gps functionality. All othet apps on the phone are showing this icon as soon as they start gps ineraction (GPS Test, google maps...)

I can confirm that the temporary fix from Netherlands user works. Works now
ekobrigo
Send a message
Last edited by ekobrigo on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ekobrigo
I can confirm that the temporary solution of the user from the Netherlands. Works for me.
ekobrigo
Send a message

Post by ekobrigo
Try fablackmamba's temporary fix. Works for me.
ekobrigo
Send a message

Post by ekobrigo
Try fablackmamba's fix. It worked for me.
ekobrigo
Send a message

Post by elibek
Same problem with my op5. Waze cannot find gps while all other apps using GPS work fine. Tried to uninstall/install, permission to location but nothing came of it.
Waze wake up..
elibek
Send a message

Post by ErnestRoca
Hi all,

Yes, this temporary workaround works for me too. Thank you.
bvado wrote:
vince1612 wrote: @EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?
@vince1612 Sadly, this does not work for me. OP5, Android 8.1.0, OxygenOS 5.1.4 (Security patch level of 1 july 2018). Tried all combinations of Battery optimisation (on,off for waze) and advanced battery optimisation (on,off). None of them brought back the GPS signal for Waze...

Edit: After several reports of users with the same device and OS, I tried to reboot my device.
Configuration is now:
  • Waze is NOT battery optimised
  • Advanced optimisation is ON
And indeed, after reboot, Waze got back its GPS fix.

Since I don't want that advanced optimisation being enabled, I tried the following:
  • Waze is NOT battery optimised
  • Advanced optimisation is OFF
That seemed to work for a moment: Waze got its GPS fix but lost it after ten seconds.

So for now, the work-around is indeed to enable Advanced optimisation and reboot the device but I hope a definitive fix will be around soon :)
ErnestRoca
Send a message

Post by fablackmamba
vince1612 wrote:@binoSunny4: Waze did communicate, early on it was posted that they were looking into the issue and asked for debug logs, their latest communication was shared a few pages back by a Champ.

@elibek and eveyone else: Please STOP to uninstall/reinstall - This was NEVER suggested as a possible solution, 100% of the people who tried it already reported that it does not work.

@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?

Hello
I tried the tip in the post that I quote and Waze connects well to the GPS. I cross the rights for a valid solution coming .....
fablackmamba
Send a message

Post by fablackmamba
For those who do not want to lose the notications of other applications by activating advanced optimization just disable the optimization of the battery only for Waze and restart the oneplus.
It's that simple.
fablackmamba
Send a message

Post by FelFelll
Same issue for me on a oneplus 5.
Any fix?
FelFelll
Send a message