These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Lepac69
J'ai le même problème avec mon oneplus 6, par contre avec le oneplus X aucun problème !

[MOD EDIT] (En anglais ici la prochaine fois SVP)
Translation of the above: " I have the same problème with my oneplus 6, however the oneplus X has no issues.
Lepac69
Send a message

Post by levin
vince1612 wrote: @EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?
Sorry, but I'm not sure where to find this setting. Is this the per-application battery optimization setting or something else?
Please write the full path to this setting
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Samsung S23U - Android 13 - Latest Waze Beta
מתנדב מנהל ארצי בדימוס - Israel country manager

Post by levin
TaranQ wrote:Ohww yeah this seems to fix the problem. Go into settings - battery - battery optimisation - 3 dot menu upper right - advanced optimisation - choose advanced optimisation.
Works for me too (OP6) - thanks for the full path
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Samsung S23U - Android 13 - Latest Waze Beta
מתנדב מנהל ארצי בדימוס - Israel country manager

Post by MajorHazzard
Sames here.. OnePlus 6 in the UK. Suddenly lost GPS yesterday.
MajorHazzard
Send a message

Post by MajorHazzard
Very pleased to say it all seems back to normal now.
MajorHazzard
Send a message

Post by marciofrancisco
Pessoal, basta acessar:
Configurações > Bateria > Otimização de bateria > Waze > Não Otimizar

No meu OP5 resolveu o PROBLEMA.
marciofrancisco
Send a message

Post by marcoscastellobranco
vince1612 wrote:@binoSunny4: Waze did communicate, early on it was posted that they were looking into the issue and asked for debug logs, their latest communication was shared a few pages back by a Champ.

@elibek and eveyone else: Please STOP to uninstall/reinstall - This was NEVER suggested as a possible solution, 100% of the people who tried it already reported that it does not work.

@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.
battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?
Works!
marcoscastellobranco
Send a message

Post by Matwolf008
Same problem from yesterday.

I have a OnePlus 6.
Matwolf008
Send a message

Post by mhofman
Same problem on a Pixel 2, on Android Pie, using Android Auto in the car.

30 seconds after the phone's screen turns off, the GPS accuracy is gone.
mhofman
Send a message

Post by mhofman
vince1612 wrote:
mhofman wrote:Same problem on a Pixel 2, on Android Pie, using Android Auto in the car.

30 seconds after the phone's screen turns off, the GPS accuracy is gone.
The answer was given on the previous pages on how to temporarily fix the issue before an update which fixes the problem more permanently reaches you as well, like it did for others.
I got the fix, and all is good now.

BTW, I was unaware a fix had been released when I posted earlier, despite reading previous pages. This forum seems to be having issue and not displaying messages properly.

Edit: When not logged in, messages are by default sorted by author and not post date, which makes it basically impossible to follow the progress of the resolution.
mhofman
Send a message