Waze only : GPS is not working anymore for Oneplus users  Topic is solved

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Waze only : GPS is not working anymore for Oneplus users

Postby DavidDeWalqueMeow » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:12 am

vince1612 wrote:@binoSunny4: Waze did communicate, early on it was posted that they were looking into the issue and asked for debug logs, their latest communication was shared a few pages back by a Champ.

@elibek and eveyone else: Please STOP to uninstall/reinstall - This was NEVER suggested as a possible solution, 100% of the people who tried it already reported that it does not work.

@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.

battery advanced optimization.png
Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?

I just tried this... Unfortunately not working...
DavidDeWalqueMeow

Postby israel_s253ipc1 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:20 am

Same here with OnePlus 6 in Israel
israel_s253ipc1

Postby ingriddewilde » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 am

Just tried it. Works fine now, thanks for the workaround!
ingriddewilde

Postby whCool4 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:40 am

Unfortunately, same here: OnePlus 5 in The Netherlands.
After re-install I *do* get the approval request to use GPS and when starting the app I see the current location in the map. But after starting a route I get the red error msg that it cannot connect to GPS.
If I then switch to Maps (and see actual location) and switch back to Waze the location is updated once but the GPS error remains and location does not change in the map.
*update*: I also tried changing Battery Optimization for Waze. I normally do not have it turned on. And the app setting was
"optimize". I tried switching optimization setting to "not optimize"and also tried setting the optimize status to on/off: no effect
whCool4

Postby mypifi » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:48 am

Same here since Monday
mypifi

Postby ukjohnd » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 am

Toggling Advanced Battery Optimisation worked and leaving Waze app battery optimisation on. Followed by a reboot
Screenshot_20180822-105341.jpg
(17.52 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
[MOD Note] Image resized, please avoid posting big images that fill the entire screen, resize them before posting.
ukjohnd

Postby marcoscastellobranco » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:31 am

vince1612 wrote:@binoSunny4: Waze did communicate, early on it was posted that they were looking into the issue and asked for debug logs, their latest communication was shared a few pages back by a Champ.

@elibek and eveyone else: Please STOP to uninstall/reinstall - This was NEVER suggested as a possible solution, 100% of the people who tried it already reported that it does not work.

@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
It have a GPS fix when I turn on this switch. The battery advanced optimization.
See screenshot.

Can you try his solution and see if it works for you as a temporary fix until Waze/Oneplus can provide a more permanent solution?

Works!
marcoscastellobranco

Postby mypifi » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 am

Settings --> Battery --> Battery optimization --> 3 dots top right --> advanced optimization

This seems to have solved it for me
mypifi

Postby fablackmamba » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:08 am

For those who do not want to lose the notications of other applications by activating advanced optimization just disable the optimization of the battery only for Waze and restart the oneplus.
It's that simple.
fablackmamba

Postby ErnestRoca » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi all,

Yes, this temporary workaround works for me too. Thank you.

bvado wrote:
vince1612 wrote:@EVERYONE: A user from the Netherlands reported the following:
See screenshot.

@vince1612 Sadly, this does not work for me. OP5, Android 8.1.0, OxygenOS 5.1.4 (Security patch level of 1 july 2018). Tried all combinations of Battery optimisation (on,off for waze) and advanced battery optimisation (on,off). None of them brought back the GPS signal for Waze...

Edit: After several reports of users with the same device and OS, I tried to reboot my device.
Configuration is now:
  • Waze is NOT battery optimised
  • Advanced optimisation is ON
And indeed, after reboot, Waze got back its GPS fix.

Since I don't want that advanced optimisation being enabled, I tried the following:
  • Waze is NOT battery optimised
  • Advanced optimisation is OFF
That seemed to work for a moment: Waze got its GPS fix but lost it after ten seconds.

So for now, the work-around is indeed to enable Advanced optimisation and reboot the device but I hope a definitive fix will be around soon :)
ErnestRoca

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App