These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.43

Post by RussPA
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier now with these improvements:
- Fixed a few bugs so it’s easier to save time & avoid traffic with Waze.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.42
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RichardLOwens
So glad that Lock North Up is back!

But, now the sound quick toggle is EVEN WORSE than before?!? Tapping the tiny speaker icon used to open a menu for No Sounds, Alerts Only, All Sounds which automatically closed when you selected an option. This was already annoying because (A) the icon to click to open this toggle was small and hard to tap while driving and (B) it really needs to be a simple Sound On/Sound Off toggle so you can get right back to driving.

Now, tapping that tiny speaker icon opens a static popup that you have to select options on and THEN CLICK CLOSE to get it to go away?!?

Really just need a simple Sound On/Sound Off toggle.
RichardLOwens
Send a message

Post by RussPA
For quite a while Waze has lowered the volume of other sources rather than pausing completely. I don't see an option to change this behavior.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by Securiy
Hello turbomkt - Not sure how I'm supposed to answer your email which follows:
You received a comment on the map issue you reported, from 09.04.2018 on Olympiad Rd, Mission Viejo - “When going to my new address: 338 Sable, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688, gps gives incorrect turn. After turning onto Sable, there is a quick right turn to get to 338. The gps tells you to turn left. Annoying that no one can find our apartment. :-(”. An editor from the Waze mapping community wants to solve the problem, but needs some more information.

turbomkt on 09.24.2018 09:25 PM:

Volunteer responding - Waze did not send us enough information to fix your request. Is 338 Sable the street address? Is there a map of the complex that we can use to add addresses from?

You can reply using the Waze mobile app, or https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 48&env=usa in the Waze map editor.
I did go to the editor and I did add streets (Sable) going to the right, but I do not see how to add a "right turn" to get to my address of 338 Sable in the editor. The Editor did gave me 8,046 points for my 3 edits, whatever that means. :-)
Bottom line: How to I (or you) add a right turn onto my newly added street?
Securiy
Send a message

Post by Telosxian
There's a Car Info button now over my vehicle (Android app) when I'm viewing the map, that won't leave the navigation screen. This is a "set and forget" feature for the most part, so why won't it go away?

Am I missing and option to clear this?
Telosxian
Send a message

Post by TrustMeImAnENGlNEER
When I first started using Waze in my 2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring and Android Auto, it would display the next turn (or other maneuver) on the LCD in the center of the instrument cluster, as it does with Google Maps and the built in nav system. However it recently stopped doing so, and other Civic owners have noticed this as well. Google maps still does it, so it seems to be a Waze specific issue. Judging from the timing I think it was associated with either this update or 4.42.

I’m not sure what this feature is called, but I really miss it! If there’s some way for me to turn it back on please let me know, and if not please bring it back in future updates! Thanks!

Quick edit: just to be clear, I’m referring to the LCD in the center of the instrument cluster where the speed and tach are displayed, not the main infotainment LCD. The main one in the center of the dash still works normally.
TrustMeImAnENGlNEER
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
GreenAcuras wrote:Yay! A new version. Has anybody found the "Lock North Up" mode that we were promised would be making a return in the next release?
Yes, the Lock North Up should be back. If you can't find the setting, the easiest way is to tap the screen then the compass. You should see a red N when it's in North Lock UP. Otherwise, you should find it under settings -> Map Display.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
It only goes away when you are actively navigating with the current setup.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Securiy, I'll send you a PM.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by ZiMilio
BTStar wrote:Running the latest Android 4.44.0.2 - noticed gas station prices bug this morning. I thought it was a one off, but the next two stations the same thing happened.

The gas stations are definitely valid. Doesn't bother me too much but thought it is worth troubleshooting :D
Found it also in Italy!
ZiMilio
Send a message