These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by rather-B-fishing
I use Waze with CarPlay in two vehicles driving to and from work everyday and wherever else I drive and I’ve never had any issues other than shortcuts not working. The shortcut issues are more than just with Waze. iOS 13.3 with iPhone XS Max in 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee OEM system and Alpine iLX-107 aftermarket HU installed myself in the other vehicle. Maybe I’m just lucky not having any issues with Waze and CarPlay.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
If you’re having blank screen or lines on the screen with CarPlay have you tried different cords? As I said in my earlier post I haven’t seen the issue in two different vehicles and I use Waze with CarPlay at least twice a day for over 60 miles 5 days per week, one vehicle with a fairly new 11” or 12” cord and the other is wireless using Bluetooth and Wifi to connect. Both have wireless charger/phone holders.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
pcardoza wrote:Seems to me that there are too many peple reporting this problem for it to be a cord issue.
rather-B-fishing wrote:If you’re having blank screen or lines on the screen with CarPlay have you tried different cords? As I said in my earlier post I haven’t seen the issue in two different vehicles and I use Waze with CarPlay at least twice a day for over 60 miles 5 days per week, one vehicle with a fairly new 11” or 12” cord and the other is wireless using Bluetooth and Wifi to connect. Both have wireless charger/phone holders.
I don’t know, has anybody reported the problem that connects to CarPlay with WiFi?
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Mvan231 wrote:
rather-B-fishing wrote:
pcardoza wrote:Seems to me that there are too many peple reporting this problem for it to be a cord issue.
I don’t know, has anybody reported the problem that connects to CarPlay with WiFi?
I personally don't know anybody that has CarPlay over Wi-Fi capability. But I agree, there are too many reports for it to be a cord issue. Unless it's a CarPlay over USB issue
As I said earlier, I haven’t experienced the issue and have both WiFi and corded CarPlay. There’s a lot of data passing through the cords now combined with charging and if they aren’t Apple certified cords that could be a cause.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
Coopermarsh wrote:When will waze update for use with the dashboard. I only use Waze and its a pain that i cannot use the dashboard to see map and music playing etc.
I’ve pull up iTunes on my iPhone to see what’s playing when Waze is running on CarPlay in my Wrangler. iPhone is in a phone holder not far from the head unit so it’s not a bad solution until things change. My Grand Cherokee on the other hand shows the song playing on the dash under the speed when CarPlay is running, even when using Waze. I miss that in the Wrangler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rather-B-fishing
When Waze starts in CarPlay, the vehicle on the screen doesn’t move and when I open Waze on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, there’s red text saying no gps. If I open Google Maps in CarPlay, gps is working fine. I have to close and restart Waze on my iPhone and Carplay to get Waze working properly and sometimes that doesn’t even work. Best I can recall this started with recent iOS and/or Waze updates.
rather-B-fishing
Send a message

Post by rcazakoff
The problem with the blank screen started for me after I updated my iPhone to 13.3
I still get voice and arrows directing when to turn but the maps do not appear until I close Waze on my phone and restart waze. Hopefully the next iPhone update will solve the problem.
rcazakoff
Send a message

Post by rcazakoff
Still think this is an issue with IOS 13.3 rather than Waze. How does one let Apple know about this problem or are they perhaps aware of this already?
rcazakoff
Send a message

Post by rcazakoff
frustin wrote:it's not a cable issue, just so we're clear. the blank screen issue happens for me and i'm not using a cable (BMW).

i resolve it by force closing the app on the phone, reopen it and it works.
Same for me. Close the waze app on the phone and reopen or
put in the destination into waze on my phone and then start the car the Apple Play and Waze work correctly and the maps show on the car (BMW) screen.
rcazakoff
Send a message

Post by rcazakoff
Just updated my iPhone Xr to the latest IOS 13.3.1
As of my last three trips using Waze I have not gotten the white or blank screen or any distorted
display of the maps.
Hopefully this update to 13.3.1 has fixed the problem.
I will continue to monitor my Waze usage and will post if the problem resurfaces for me in the future.
rcazakoff
Send a message