These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by usa_59n3ob1p
PLEASE include the ability to mark roads as closed in car play. This is probably THE MOST NECESSARY function when you're driving with waze and it's impossible. If you find you can't go the way waze wants you to go and need new directions it is critical to be able to report this. What's worse, is you can only report a closure within a few hundred feet. If you drive past and find a place to stop and find new directions, you can't report the closure anymore. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add this functionality. Not having it makes the app useless when it's needed most.
usa_59n3ob1p
Send a message

Post by usa_8jh2vnhc
So annoying. The speedometer should be an option, and the speed limit should be bigger. Besides, the speedometer on Waze is almost always wrong. And if I speed up or slow down quickly it lags. Totally useless.
usa_8jh2vnhc
Send a message

Post by usa_9achexq5
GPS speed is in accurate when connected usb to ford sync 3. When disconnected gps speed is accurate again. Example gps shows 70mph on sync 3 screen in Waze and vehicle shows 55mph. Then when usb is disconnected the Waze screen on phone shows speed as 55mph.
usa_9achexq5
Send a message

Post by usa_bkp364r3
I have a pioneer radio AVH-W4000nex, when using waze and want to report that a cop is soon the highway but on the other side I don't get the option to say opposite side, it just marks the cop on my side, if the phone wasn't connect to the radio I could pick those options, is there anyway around this , thanks in advance

Bill
usa_bkp364r3
Send a message

Post by usa_bkp364r3
Hi all when using waze in apple play when I hit the police button it does not give the options of visible hidden or other side is there a way to correct this problem radio is pioneer radio and iPhone 11 thanks in advance

Bill
usa_bkp364r3
Send a message

Post by usa_f8h44dfd
I found the same issues with Waze and iOS 13, CarPlay. I get either a zoomed map or a blank screen. I find that if I turn my phone off and back on it fixes the problem. So its an extra step, but I really like the Waze app because of the user interface and reporting issues on the roadways.
usa_f8h44dfd
Send a message

Post by usa_f8h44dfd
I was having the same issue. I would have to turn my phone off and back on again and then I would get the Maps on Waze. Also, at times it would just zoom. I just updated to iOS 13 beta seven and so far it looks like the problem has been resolved, but I won’t know until I try it tomorrow night. I will update here.
usa_f8h44dfd
Send a message

Post by usa_h39250j3
Figured this would be a common issue on this forum, but haven't found anything on the simple search. Waze takes over and ruins the audio functions of the car when plugged in to Carplay. I've been hoping for a solution with possible updates, but it's been a problem for over a year now. Whenever iphone is plugged in to carplay and waze is used, it shuts off the radio and messes with the audio system where sometimes, the volume knob will only control the voice control volume. It also causes my infotaiment system to initially freeze and lag (2019 and 2020 volvo xc40).

First thought it was an iphone issue, but when searching the web, looks like it's a well known waze/carplay issue. When completely turning off waze and using google maps instead, there's no problem!
usa_h39250j3
Send a message

Post by usa_iv7dzyzw
I’m having the same issue when using Waze in my 2017 Ford F-150 on CarPlay. My phone is an Apple iPhone 7 on IOS 12.2. The speed on the Waze app is 10-15% higher than it should be. Is there a fix or work-around for this issue?

Updated previous post with correct phone model and IOS version.
usa_iv7dzyzw
Send a message

Post by usa_k5i6uovi
I just tried Waze using Apple Carplay on my 2017 Mercedes E Class. I have two questions: does Waze show live traffic information on Carplay and, if so, how do you access it? I didn’t see any traffic in my brief trial. Also, is there a way to get a list view of navigation instructions, showing each street and turn? Thanks.
usa_k5i6uovi
Send a message