These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Traffic notifications for wrong city

Post by Krithagis
I went on a trip to Austin this summer (I live in Fort Worth) and I’m still getting notifications about expected road closures, etc about Austin. How do I change this?
Krithagis

POSTER_ID:17602758

Send a message

Post by esprit1st
Hi,

I searched through the forum but didn't find any posts related to this bug that I experience:

I get a notification alert on my Android 9 Pie phone (Moto X4) when there is planned closures in Sacramento, CA. However, I am not even close to Sacramento, I am in Las Vegas, NV but keep getting these alerts for Sacramento.

Has anybody experienced something like that? The feature is great, I would prefer getting the notification for my area, though ... :lol:

Thanks for any tips or hints how to change that.
Esprit
esprit1st
Send a message

Post by esprit1st
Unfortunately it's not just free apps. I have an app that I posted for that has an issue that's super annoying. It's the developers. They are focused on other things like implementing new features to make the app "better". I am experiencing issues like
- no network at startup
- losing and not reconnecting to the network
- traffic notifications for unrelated areas
- GPS position lagging behind
that are so annoying, that I am about to switch to Google maps. It's so much better in those areas and it has Lane assistant which is sooooo great!

However, I love the social aspect of Waze, it makes me not want to switch. But then I don't want to put up with these issues that seem to never get fixed.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
esprit1st
Send a message

Post by G_W1Z
Gck105 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:27 pm 2022 and this is still a problem. Went to Massachusetts over a month ago and still getting road closures for concerts in a town I didn't even stop at.

Was the town somewhere you had been or in the area of your destination?
G_W1Z
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
G_W1Z
Pennsylvania SM | New Jersey LAM | District of Columbia & Maine AM
USA Regions: NOR, MAR, NER
A phoenix out of the ashes...together building a more perfect map.
» Waze Etiquette | PA Wiki | Glossary | Places | Lanes | Shields | JSG | Scripts «
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... anager.pnghttps://j.mp/2X2TtcVhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/3o2pi4wjn6w1s ... .jpg?raw=1https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yezyes6g ... 0rem&raw=1

Post by Gck105
2022 and this is still a problem. Went to Massachusetts over a month ago and still getting road closures for concerts in a town I didn't even stop at.
Gck105
Send a message

Post by jm6087
spikeman256 wrote:You make valid points.

One thing I hate, hate, hate about Waze is the LOOOOOONG time for verbal address entry/verification.

1 - Long and unnecessary delay (almost EVERY SINGLE TIME): "Updating voice commands"
* This is horrible, it should do this at app startup or in the background. I hate this.

2 - "Go to McDonalds at 5th and Main"
* It takes about 2 seconds for automated voice to START responding
* It takes about FIVE seconds for her to repeat the address and slowly ask "Is that correct?"
** - She could quickly say, "Please confirm address xyz123..." save 2 or 3 seconds.

3 - After she asks, "Is that correct?", it takes about another one second for the beep noise
to happen and before you are allowed to say, "Yes".

4 - It then takes THREE MORE SECONDS for her to say, "You're all set." and for the screen to start refreshing.

WAZE is HORRIBLY inefficient at the verbal entry part. They could easily shave 7 or 8 seconds of the entire process which would make it 2 or 3 times faster.

-Spike
What does any of this have to do with the topic "Traffic notifications for wrong city" which has been marked as solved anyway? Please do not attempt to hijack a thread.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JustinJack1221
you also solve my problem. Thanks for your responding.
keep it up
JustinJack1221
Send a message

Post by karlcr9911
Check out Vince's post just up above for the answer.
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Answers: 3
Send a message

Krithagis
Send a message

Post by o_three
Any update on this fix?

I live in Houston and consistently get alerts for Dallas. I was in Dallas over the holidays. Even so, I would expect it to see my current location and only give alerts for that.

TIA
o_three
Send a message