Phone: VzW Galaxy Nexus
Waze Version: Latest Market
Current Rom: Codename Android, latest
Once the thread posted about the meetup from California with the "Waze Champs" and discussion about the purple monster arose, I was able to tap in to my computer knowledge to figure out what I needed to do to find the purple monster. I was successful but found the ASR to be a little picky.
I achieved top 3 weekly spots recently, canceling out my monster mood with the gold, silver or bronze mood.
Over the past couple weeks, I have found that ASR has NOT been able to pick up anything I say. Whether it be "Drive Home", the monster command, or anything at all. To be honest, in speaking the command for the monster for the 456th time w/o success last night, I was able to attain the response to change the mood from the phone, for it only not to be able to recognize the word "Yes". I could not get to that point again.
Anyone else experiencing this with Android? In searching through the files, the only other file (other than the ASR file) that refrences ASR is the preference file. Is there an internal file setting within this file that I can adjust to make this work better?
Ipod: Works perfectly on my Ipod 4, no issue.
Android: My device is rooted. Initially worked when I was rooted on an unknown custom Rom (I must admit that I am a crackflasher). I don't use the ASR when I am intoxicated, nor do I have a speech impediment. In speaking to Google, it accurately types what I am saying.
Things I have tried:
- Using bluetooth and no bluetooth
- switching Roms (Codename Android, Epic, KillOne and Eclipse) = No recognition at all
- I saw someone post a link to "http://www.nuance.com/vocalizer5/flash/index.html". I typed ASR phrases, played via desktop, through my headphones that I placed near phone receiver = still nothing
- reinstalling Waze = still nothing
- reinstalling Waze after uninstalling (I know, obvious), deleting "Waze" folder on SD card, rebooting into recovery and wiping cache on my phone = still nothing
The only variable that changed was updating to the new 4.1.1 VzW radio for my phone, which I would not suspect would have anything to do with the issue as Google is able to type out the ASR commands that I am speaking, without flaw.
***Note: I am requesting this as a "North American, Android only" thread as I was able to prove it worked on my iPod 4. I don't want this thread to talk about code to implement ASR across the pond nor how to attain the monster mood. There are other threads for that. Thanks.
Last edited by rleejr79
on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.