These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Failed to Communicate to Routing Server

Post by
Hi All -

I love the app and hope that someone can help with my recent dilemma. Within the last week I have been getting the "failed to communicate to routing server" error during my daily work commute. My work commute is about 70 miles. If I'm lucky I put the address in and after about 10 times it connects. However, that is even happening less. If I put the same route in google maps, it comes up immediately. With Waze it seems to only be working for me with destinations under 30 miles. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling and did a hard reset on phone. No luck. I'm looking to see if anyone has any solutions or ideas to help. I have iPhone 7 plus w iOS 12 and Waze 4.43.

Thanks!

POSTER_ID:17603709

Send a message

Post by 47f66703754a46839c754fb466e51266
I've been having this issue for 2 weeks now is this I know an issue that other people are having? I see the above issue was over a year ago.
47f66703754a46839c754fb466e51266
Send a message

Post by 6595cbce744a47788ed87e9e4bc627c4
I'm also in essex facing same problem. Has it been resolved for other essex people?
6595cbce744a47788ed87e9e4bc627c4
Send a message

Post by 6595cbce744a47788ed87e9e4bc627c4
Not sure if the issue is permanently resolved, but it worked this morning. I'll keep an eye but you would be good if guys can confirm this.
manleynet wrote:Still not resolved as of posting this message, this morning looked good from Colchester to Chelmsford worked fine but later in the day the return journey gave me the routing server timeout error very frustrating have no idea what can be done its not like a paid service were you could raise a support ticket.
Hope it gets fixed soon
6595cbce744a47788ed87e9e4bc627c4
Send a message

Post by 68dd7ea324954fbc9775ece628098385
I am on iOS 12 using an iPhone Xs, and I am in Los Angeles.

I have had this issue for weeks and have found a workaround for it.

I use FaceBook for the login of the app. If I log out of the app and then log back in the issue gets resolved for that trip only. I only see the problem first thing in the morning for my commute.

I hope this helps the users get around the problem and the developer to find the problem with the issue.
68dd7ea324954fbc9775ece628098385
Send a message

Post by akraus88
Lately, in the NY tri-state area, you get routing errors like crazy if the destination is more than let's say 40-50 miles.. Why can Google maps be stable, and Waze can't?
akraus88
Send a message

Post by Albe1977
I'm from Italy, Milan's area, since Monday I have same problem. "Server Error" , on a 100 km route I use twice per day since 10 years
Albe1977
Send a message

Post by BenMorrisDrive
This is happening to me loads, it won't calculate outside my town. I'm only doing a 40 mile trip and it just won't find the route. If I get half way it does but that's not much use as I need to know which way to go when I leave. I have two phones and both do it. Having to use Google maps which is rubbish.

Edit: I'm in the East of England travelling towards London. I am at royal level and been using the app for years, has only started doing it in last few days.
BenMorrisDrive
Send a message

Post by BenMorrisDrive
Thanks Manleynet, I'm also in Essex, definitely looks like an issue that needs fixing by the Waze team then
BenMorrisDrive
Send a message

Post by BikinSwans
In North Florida, we are experiencing the same problem and have for about a month now. Waze is almost, but not quite, useless here.
BikinSwans
Send a message

Post by checkright43
I am commuting from Northern NJ to Queens thru the GWB, I am having the same problem connecting to the routing server this month. Usually I can get it by the time I get on the turnpike (15 minutes already), today I could not connect at all. Very frustrating!
checkright43
Send a message