These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Failed to Communicate to Routing Server

Post by DannyFHappy8
Hi All -

I love the app and hope that someone can help with my recent dilemma. Within the last week I have been getting the "failed to communicate to routing server" error during my daily work commute. My work commute is about 70 miles. If I'm lucky I put the address in and after about 10 times it connects. However, that is even happening less. If I put the same route in google maps, it comes up immediately. With Waze it seems to only be working for me with destinations under 30 miles. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling and did a hard reset on phone. No luck. I'm looking to see if anyone has any solutions or ideas to help. I have iPhone 7 plus w iOS 12 and Waze 4.43.

Thanks!
DannyFHappy8

POSTER_ID:17603709

Send a message

Post by DannyFHappy8
My home country is United States. I'm getting this in NJ commuting between North NJ and Long Island. When I am in NJ, I have even tried to split up the route to about 30miles (Parsippany to the George Washington Bridge) and still get failed to communicate with routing server. Any suggestions? Super frustrating.
DannyFHappy8
Send a message

Post by dce1777368244c06b7fdb73ad65a7d17
Im in Manila, using an iPhone 6s with IOS 12 and suddenly it keeps searching for network. I always use Waze to get around heavy traffic conditions and now I cant get it working for the last three days.
dce1777368244c06b7fdb73ad65a7d17
Send a message

Post by dcold66
Mapping an 8hr trip planned for tomorrow, or at least trying to ALL DAY today. Have seen this before, too. What good is a mapping app that won't map?
dcold66
Send a message

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that our developers are looking into this issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
Daliah
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

We're still investigating this issue. Please help us with understanding this issue better by submitting debug logs for us when you receive these errors. Here is an instruction how to do that.

After you submit it please let me know the time you submitted them under your username.

Thank you!
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by delilush
Hi Everyone,

We deployed a fix for the increased amount of routing errors in the New York/New Jersey area.

Please let me know if you continue to see issues in that region.

Thank you for your patience with this issue.

Best,
Daliah
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by delilush
I'm seeing that some are still experiencing issues with this. Please make sure to report issues to our Support Team.
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Doyenesque
I find this can be a problem trying to route when on wifi, in particular when the wifi connection is weak. The app needs to be restarting or it stays confused.
Doyenesque
Send a message

Post by f40af71437a34611b9bf156400894de0
Same on route from Atlanta to Charleston,WV consistently a problem over the last 2 weeks.
f40af71437a34611b9bf156400894de0
Send a message