These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

New device -- No map display, only black screen

Post by Rubi-Dave
I just installed Waze on my Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1. Everything installed fine and I'm able to login. I seem to be able to do everything but view the map .. it's just black.

I tried force closing and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app, no change. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Rubi-Dave

POSTER_ID:17605667

Send a message

Post by MidkniteRider
Uninstall and reinstall works on pixel3 XL. Backup transfer must have issue.
MidkniteRider
Send a message

Post by mikeerage
What version of Waze are you using? I have the same problem with anything 4.20 or earlier (searching for network error) and with later versions if I update. But if I do clean installs of Waze it works.
If it is not working even after you uninstall completely look in storage under miscellaneous. You may see a waze section or folder. You can try removing that and it should allow a clean full install of a more recent version.
mikeerage
Send a message

Post by redlegzahc
If anyone has the answer to this I too would be interested if only to learn that the app can no longer be run on the Nexus 7.
redlegzahc
Send a message