These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Maps not downloading???

Post by Rubi-Dave
I installed Waze on by Nexus 7 (2012) to use as my GPS device. I'll use the devices GPS connected through my phones Hot Spot for the data connection. This is how I set up my wife's Waze using her Samsung tablet and it works perfectly.

Everything seems to be working properly, including the routeing, however it has no map. Everything else is there just the map is black. It seems like the map never downloaded. I tried deleting cache and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app .. no luck. Any ideas on why no map display?
Rubi-Dave

POSTER_ID:17605667

Send a message

Post by luverofpeanuts
I've tried doing the exact same thing on the same device (2012 Nexus 7 Wifi (grouper). Google Maps is working fine and Waze has permission for location accesss. I've cleared data/cache, refshresh my map area, uninstalled/reinstalled. It appears that it will route me ok, just no map display.

It's like the map download piece doesn't work, but doesn't indicated an error. The initial map download and also the refresh my map happen very very quickly.

--lp
luverofpeanuts
Send a message

Post by ricardost3
Rubi-Dave wrote:I installed Waze on by Nexus 7 (2012) to use as my GPS device. I'll use the devices GPS connected through my phones Hot Spot for the data connection. This is how I set up my wife's Waze using her Samsung tablet and it works perfectly.

Everything seems to be working properly, including the routeing, however it has no map. Everything else is there just the map is black. It seems like the map never downloaded. I tried deleting cache and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app .. no luck. Any ideas on why no map display?
Hello friend may be trying to force update maps. Settings> General> Refresh my area map.
ricardost3
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message