These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Speed Camera/Intersection Camera

Post by ariesboy475
Is anyone actually using the speed camera event?

I typically see a cop on the side of the road, but haven't come across any speed cameras. I do however see intersection cameras. The ones to see if you're running the "red" light or not. This app should track this as well. Since this is a permanent fixture, this type of report should not be listed in the "event" but should have a marker/indicator as you drive by or near one.
ariesboy475

POSTER_ID:79

Send a message

Post by AnthonyB
Agreed. I think Red light cameras have a separate button as thy are technically much different. you can be doing the legal speed limit and get a ticket by going through the camera. Lol and on the flipside you can blast through a red light camera at 100mph and not get a ticket. I live in the LA/OC area and we have many red light cameras whereas
AnthonyB
Send a message

Post by ariesboy475
I've added a few perm cameras at certain intersections. But when i drive through those locations few days, even weeks later, it does not show up on the map.
ariesboy475
Send a message

Post by ariesboy475
After mapping a few of these intersection camera. I notice that it ask if there's a camera in your lane. So it looks like it will only register for that specific direction you are traveling, which means all other directions will not get a notification if you pass through that intersection.

An intersection/red light camera should affect all traffic going through that intersection in all directions.
ariesboy475
Send a message

Post by ariesboy475
What i mean is that most intersections that have cameras, will have cameras pointed in all four directions some may have cameras for two of the four. However if you're just marking for your direction, wazers traveling in the other directions will not get notified but there are cameras pointed in that direction as well.
ariesboy475
Send a message

Post by asterix06
On my cartouche all speedcams disappeared as soon as I started to see them on my phone screen (10 days ago).
what is wrong?
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4L_o ... _small.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/gc.png
Iphone8+ Waze 4.43.0
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Turchia.
Forum Administrator

Post by BalsbyMange
Any news regarding the mystery of the missing speedcameras?
BalsbyMange
Send a message
Area Manager Kristianstad, Skåne and Blekinge Sweden
iPhone 5, iOS 7

Post by bpellin
Illinois uses speed camera vans in construction zones. Should these be tagged as speed camera even though they are not permanent?
bpellin
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Today, all of a sudden all camera's show up for me in cartouche!! Never seen any before!! :shock: Not able to edit the speed yet though.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Hi all,

Waze now officially supports the uservoice system, to see which bugs/wishes should be handled with priority. So go the speedcam idea and vote it up there. Hopefully, it will be funtional soon!
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!