These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze app stopped working on Asteroid

Post by flipperen
Suddenly my Waze app stopped working on my Parrot Asteroid Smart running Android 2.3.38.22. Tried removing the app entirely and reinstalling through Asteroid Market. The app worked perfectly yesterday!
Please fix this! The ability to use Waze was one of the major reasons to buy an Asteroid Smart in the first place a couple of years ago..
flipperen
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17070803

Send a message

Post by Dayiskuan
Waze stop working on Monday for me. Please don't cut the support
Dayiskuan
Send a message

Post by exquisitetie
Hi I'm from belgium
I have the same issue with waze and the asteroid market since the beginning of september

Has anyone found a solution since?

Have sent a ticket to waze and parrot but still no answer
exquisitetie
Send a message

Post by exquisitetie
Hi
Had the same answer from waze, saying it's not officialy supported on parrot and tha we should refer to the manufacturer.

Has anyone had answers from Parrot? I've sent a message more than a week ago and still waiting for an answer...
exquisitetie
Send a message

Post by gk38
I have been a happy Waze user for 4 or 5 years and on Dec 9th Waze stopped working. Nothing else on the phone changed. Symptom is : Waze shuts down as soon as contact has been made with the Server. Version is 3.7.7 which is important in France because it is the last version that shows radar traps. Android is 4.4.2. Tested on different phones with different versions of android - same result. It would seem to me that Google wants people to convert to Waze versions with ads so they can make more money . . .
gk38
Send a message

Post by gk38
It would seem that yes, Waze 3.7 Android works again although I haven't tried it in the car yet. At least it doesn't shut down any more on start-up.

To those who inquired about France, yes, french law prohibits the signaling of radar traps as of a few years ago, so Waze and other similar applications were obliged to change their software so that stationary radar traps were no longer indicated with precision while you are within french borders. As soon as you leave France (to go to Switzerland, Germany, Spain, etc) the local radar traps are again displayed. Waze 3.7 is the last version that shows radar traps within France, which is why it is so important that this older version continues to work here. Not having this version for 2 weeks already cost me 70 € and one point deducted from my driving licence - for 1 km/h over the speed limit !
gk38
Send a message

Post by H_A_A_N
After the Spotify app on the Parrot Tablet also the Waze app shut down. Come on employers of Waze put some effort in backing up this great app on the Parrot tablet.
H_A_A_N
Send a message

Post by incaaa
Also lost my Waze yesterday on my Asteroid Tablet. It was one of the main reasons i bought that device. And because ordinary din systems do not fit in my car unless there are very heavy modifications done.
incaaa
Send a message

Post by jberr
Mi wase tambien se cae al inicio desde hace una semana más o menos. Que está pasando? Lo van adescontinuar cono lo hicieron con Spotify? Realmente queda inservible el equipo si es así.
jberr
Send a message

Post by jberr
Do your asteroid market works? I tried to re install wase... But something happend and I dont be able to access my acount. Wase is steel down.
jberr
Send a message