These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.47

Post by
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:
- Made some design changes so it’s easier to see your route overview on Android Auto
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.46

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by A1cntrler
Otis11 wrote:So Waze just tweeted me back saying they put the option for Auto Zoom back in the app. I don't see the update available yet. Maybe give a day or two.
I went to look myself and was also disappointed not to see it yet a week later. Checked the play store for an update but found none there either.

It's quite unusable around town in the present state as at 35mph I can't see what cross street is coming up, but I can see 35 miles ahead of me!
A1cntrler
Send a message

Post by AcidBetty
v4.47.0.907
pixel 3

Problem: points and scoreboard not updating, cannot connect to server to send logs (apparently there are no server issues)
AcidBetty
Send a message

Post by BiggieFrye
Since this last update 4.47.0.3, the map has become useless on my morning commute. The auto zoom feature now keeps all 25 miles open all the time which makes any map notices all but useless. Even when I manually zoom in to view my route, as soon as I hit recenter is zooms the map back out. Also as I am driving, the map will automatically zoom in or out on it's own, which is very distracting as I am driving because it is in my line of sight. The fact is now this map "feature" is becoming a driving hazzard!

Please change it back.
BiggieFrye
Send a message

Post by CF3RCR
This has been a long-standing issue with Waze that I was ignoring but finally pissed me off enough that I'm submitting it: I can't for the life of me figure out why it limits the traffic speed on highways at 18 km/h. I can be sitting there with a few thousand other drivers doing 5-7 km/h and watching the "standstill" pins popping up, but the app dutifully continues to report that traffic is moving at 18 and appears to be basing its ETA based on that assumption as the time of arrival continues to tick up while we all enjoy each other's bumpers.
The reality of big-city traffic is that, on occasion, highways do actually more or less come to a stop. Having a solid floor of 18 km/h simply doesn't reflect reality. It's screws up route planning and ETA planning, which is the purpose of this app as I understand it.
CF3RCR
Send a message

Post by CoooolRaoul
On my device (Samsung S7), since that release, Waze crashes (immediately stops without any message) when "car mode" is active.

Many car dock apps (like that one : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lt.carhome ) are using this Android native feature (link)

Could there be by chance a fix or workaround?
CoooolRaoul
Send a message

Post by courage2000
Phone - Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 9 (PIE)
WAZE 4.47.03

Two big problems:

1. I cannot route sound via BT car kit - tested on BMW and Land Rover.
I played with the option "Play sound to phone speaker" - no impact.

I also tried with a Google Pixel 3 with Android Pie and the result was the same => Waze problem or Waze + Pe problem.

2. I use Deezer for my music, but it's not detected as installed by Waze.

All features work great on IOS and I was trying to get rid of Apple, but I find a lot of problems.
courage2000
Send a message

Post by gas_85
Hello, since few updates if I change between the apps (e.g. going to Spotify and back to Waze) my "car" icon will not drive central on the road anymore, but will drive with side instead at least in landscape mode.
https://gas85.ddns.net/index.php/s/s9f3 ... dP/preview
and another day:
https://gas85.ddns.net/index.php/s/DZ75 ... tj/preview
gas_85
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by GreenAcuras
BiggieFrye wrote:Since this last update 4.47.0.3, the map has become useless on my morning commute. The auto zoom feature now keeps all 25 miles open all the time which makes any map notices all but useless. Even when I manually zoom in to view my route, as soon as I hit recenter is zooms the map back out. Also as I am driving, the map will automatically zoom in or out on it's own, which is very distracting as I am driving because it is in my line of sight. The fact is now this map "feature" is becoming a driving hazzard!

Please change it back.
Amen! The autozooming has made the map useless, and now we can't turn it off. There are three things that I want out of the map:
1) Be able to get a high level view of my route so that I can mentally prepare myself for any changes from the usual best route. The overview button does a decent job of this, but I can't break the habit of just doing it manually.
2) Always point north up so that when I'm in a neighborhood with twisty roads and know I need to head southwest to get out, I know which way to look on the map with a quick glance. They took this one away for a little while, but thankfully we got it back.
3) Be able to see the next 1-2 turns. Waze sometimes gives confusing directions like "Keep Left" so that I don't take the ramp to the right or "Continue for 10 miles" to take the exit when the highway curves. I also like to see beyond the next turn. I've gotten in the wrong lane because Waze never told me there was another turn 1000 ft after the first. So I like to be able to see what's going on around me in some level of detail even when I'm driving 75 mph AND I like to be able to see more than 500 ft ahead. Autozoom does a terrible job at this. So I compromise and set zoom manually to range that sort of gets me both. Or at least I did until now.

BRING BACK MANUAL ZOOM CONTROL!
GreenAcuras
Send a message

Post by KTurkes
My biggest problem is, when entering a tunnel Waze stops navigating. It waits until I get out of tunnel and then it continues. I have full 4G coverage, other navigation apps like Google Maps have no issues but Waze refuses to navigate when I enter a tunnel.

Secondary thing is, after going like 220-250 km without issues, Waze crashes. It happens usually international driving like from Poland to Germany, or Germany to Austria, etc. Only workaround is plug out USB cable, wait for several minutes, close all apps in the phone, put it back, and then open app again.

Also all of these issues happens when I connect it with Android Auto.

Google Maps has no issues.
KTurkes
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
gas_85 wrote:Hello, since few updates if I change between the apps (e.g. going to Spotify and back to Waze) my "car" icon will not drive central on the road anymore, but will drive with side instead at least in landscape mode.
https://gas85.ddns.net/index.php/s/s9f3 ... dP/preview
and another day:
https://gas85.ddns.net/index.php/s/DZ75 ... tj/preview
This has been reported several times in previous feedback threads.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message