Map Not Loading on BlackBerry + Rerouting Loop

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Not Loading on BlackBerry + Rerouting Loop

Postby mikeshurst » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:20 pm

FYI: I'm on the NA server and this problem has not returned since early October. Everything is working as expected for me.
BlackBerry Torch 9800
Kitchener - Waterloo - Cambridge
mikeshurst

Re: Map Not Loading on BlackBerry

Postby mlehman01 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello Wazers,

I'm located in United States and using BlackBerry 9360 on the AT&Tnetwork running Blackberry Version 7.0 Bundle 2408.

Since yesterday I'm also experiencing a problem where Waze maps are not showing on the device. I can see other Wazer's icons and reports but the roads are not showing on my device.

I see from the Waze Status webpage that the maps in North America were updated on the 24th. Is this the reason for the outage?
mlehman01

Postby mlehman01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello Wazers,

I'm located in United States and using BlackBerry 9360 on the AT&Tnetwork running Blackberry Version 7.0 Bundle 2408 and Waze maps do not display.

I also upgraded to Blackberry OS Version 7.1 Bundle 1996. The blackberry os upgrade did not fix any Waze issues.

I still see from the Waze Status webpage that the maps in North America were updated on the 24th. Is this the reason for the outage?
mlehman01

Postby musicaljohnson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Woo hoo! Working in Charleston, SC!!!
musicaljohnson

Postby Norm95 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 am

Navigation crashes or locks up the BB 9650 with VZW. No map but do see other Waze users and alerts. I send an error report but after it done communicating it says it error-ed and did not send report.

I hope there is support for the existing platform as have turned more than a few people on to this awesome app.
Norm95

Postby Norm95 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:44 am

It works! We got maps! The scoreboard stopped at the sametime all this went down.

I'll give updates in 7 hours of other problems if no one else does.

Thanks gang!
Norm95

Postby novagui » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Same issue here (Canada). Really annoying :(
novagui

Postby petersonvmoreira » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Same also in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Maps not showing up since last week. Blackberry Bold as well
petersonvmoreira

Postby pinedaf » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I have the same problem here in Venezuela since two weeks ago on a Blackberry Curve 9300, Maps are not loading and can't navigate as well.
I'm so sorry about it because I use Waze on a daily basis and It is not working anymore (See https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55518), as I understand Waze is no longer providing support for the app on BB so I feel so much for all the time wasted in map editing and comunity work.
I dont blame waze for this because I'm able to understand that BB does not evolve his operating system and I'ts hard to keep support on an old version, but I hope waze undestand that they will be loosing a lot of users who usually work for them improving maps and sending information of routes and traffic, at least until they upgrade his celphones.

Thanks a lot I't was useful!
pinedaf

Postby pochemuchka1977 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:05 pm

For the last several weeks I am facing this problem - Waze recalculating route every several seconds on my BB Bold with the latest Waze installed. If starting to be quite annoying. Is there anything that could be done regarding it ?

Thanks
pochemuchka1977

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App