Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Map Not Loading on BlackBerry + Rerouting Loop

Post by
Hello Wazers,

I'm located in Canada and using BlackBerry Bold 9780 on the Rogers Wireless network.

Since yesterday I'm experiencing a problem where Waze maps are not showing on the device. I can see other Wazer's icons and reports but the roads are not showing on my device.

I know that BlackBerry is a legacy device and Waze have no developers working on this OS, but I was hoping first to hear if other people on BlackBerry or other legacy devices are experiencing the same thing.
When we figure out if this is a device issue or network issue it will be easier to know what to do next.

Please let me know if you are seeing the same on your end.

Thanks,
Hagay.

POSTER_ID:170262

Send a message
Last edited by hmarian on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by abarodian
I am in Boston, MA area and my waze is not loading maps anymore, since last few days. I am using BB Bold. Anyway this is going to be fixed?
abarodian
Send a message

Post by aellis5
The maps are not downloading correctly for me in UK I have been using it happily for the last two years but now waze is continuously re-routing, huge chunks of maps do not download, its different every time, this has been like this for over a month, I thought that changing a phone would help as I was due an upgrade, but it didn't. I have the latest version, deleted the folders from the card and device mentioned in this forum somewhere, I'm at a loss, oh for the same amount of time the score board hasn't been working either.
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
I drive the same route every day its never the same points which work or don't work, If I speed up nothing downloads in time, slow down and you get maps but with lots of blank spots. Hope that helps, thanks for looking into this.
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
shmupi2 wrote:
aellis5 wrote:I drive the same route every day its never the same points which work or don't work, If I speed up nothing downloads in time, slow down and you get maps but with lots of blank spots. Hope that helps, thanks for looking into this.
Can you please give us / attach a permalink ? as Ori requested
I'm sorry I don't really know what a Permalink is, i'll help how I can
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-2.1 ... TTTFTTTTFT

I hope thats correct, the map didn't zoom out any more but I drive over a wider area that is affected

Kind Regards

aellis5 wrote:
shmupi2 wrote:
aellis5 wrote:I drive the same route every day its never the same points which work or don't work, If I speed up nothing downloads in time, slow down and you get maps but with lots of blank spots. Hope that helps, thanks for looking into this.
Can you please give us / attach a permalink ? as Ori requested
I'm sorry I don't really know what a Permalink is, i'll help how I can
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
I don't want to speek too soon but Waze worked great for me today in the UK, Maps worked fine and the only time it rerouted was when I accidently may have taken a different road which just happened to have a road goodie on it :lol: Thanks for working on this issue
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
It has reoccured for me too, haven't re installed yet, just got back off holiday, over 200 miles and just did not work there or back. I'll re-install and let you know how I get on.
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
Please see above post, deleted the two files one from memory card and one from device, re installed waze but not working, its constantly rerouting (https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-2.2 ... TTTFTTTTFT)

Thanks
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
Not sure if this helps anyone but there is a section of the uk where waze seems to be working ok, this is between Worcester and Kidderminster (14 miles north of Worcester) South of this area Worcester to Southampton (130 miles south) doesn't seem to work for me. Kidderminster doesn't work but the route between Kidderminster and Worcester does work ok as mentioned above. https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=-2.2 ... TTTTTTTTFT
aellis5
Send a message

Post by aellis5
I'll keep you posted but maps kept rerouting on the way home from work today how is it for everyone else? fingers crossed its just a glitch
aellis5
Send a message