Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MaitreKit
shmupi wrote:
joelinisrael wrote:I've got a brand new Blackberry 9900, but I can't figure out where I can get the Waze app for it. I see lots of people here are running it,though. Any advice? (The Blackberry app store says it doesn't work on 9900s.)

Thanks.
Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the COD file to install it with VNBBUTILS

Shmupi
I have the same problem, Appworld says me that my 9900 isn't compatible.
Could anyone sends me COD file ?
MaitreKit
Send a message

Post by marcelbrandon
shmupi wrote:
EJairam wrote:I've been getting a rerouting loop intermittently for the past few days.
On the world server, located in the Caribbean (Trinidad and Tobago)

Client is Blackberry Waze release 2.0.2.3.

I'll try re-installing and update this post if it works
Also delete the waze directory from your memory card using beamexplorer.

Try that and also if the problem still persist try to switch to debug mode.

Drive once and create some logs , I will make sure that the support team gets them.

Usually the problem is resolved by itself after the next map build...but not always.

Thanks,
Shmupi
On the world server, located in the Caribbean (Jamaica) I'm using a BB 9810 7.1: V. 7.1.0.746. on Digicel H+ and I have the exact same problem! The search works, it calculates the route fine. When you click "route" tho:

1: There is no "route" line to follow on map screen.
2: There are no text driving directions in the lower green bar.
3: There is no "next turn" arrow in the box.
4: When you open the navigation list the directions are JUMBLED (incorrect order) 1st direction is down and 4th, There even directions in the list which are not even on the route.
5: When you start driving WAZE is constantly recalculating.

I downloaded the beamexplorer deleted the waze folder.
deleted and reinstalled waze, Same problem.

This is definitely a server problem and not a client problem.

Hope my info helps and hope this problem can be resolved soon. PLEASE remember there are alot of third world people still with older blackberries so give us a little support since an upgrade seems to be out of the question :)
marcelbrandon
Send a message

Post by marcelbrandon
Unholy wrote:Thank you guys and thank you Shumpi for bringing this issue to our consideration.

As Shmupi said, it looks like a BB tiles build issue - We are looking to solve this issue.

If you encounter with issues such as this, we will appreciate it if you could also let us know by opening a bug ticket on world.waze.com/support, under "quick help".

Thank,

Ori
Ok Ori, So the problem has been detected. Any idea how long before its resolved?
marcelbrandon
Send a message

Post by marcelbrandon
Unholy wrote:Hi guys,

Can you please try again and see whether the issue was fixed for you?

Thanks,

Ori
Issue fixed here in the Caribbean. Thanks Ori and Shumpi. :D :D :D :D

OH BTW, Could you upgrade the BB client so it connects, calculates routes and searches at the same lightning speed as the newer clients? :D :D One can hope right?
marcelbrandon
Send a message

Post by MarcioJTJr
Same problem here in Brazil (Belo Horizonte).
Used to to work perfectly, for about 6 months. About three weeks ago I begun to get the rerouting loop and had to reinstall waze a few times. Last week, the big problem: No maps being shown at all. It seems to calculate the routes and shows other wazers and alerts, but no streets.
I try everything I can. I removed it, even using BeamExplorer, removing every single file. Reinstalled the latest version and ... the same problem! :(

Please, if someone have any workaround please share!
Cheers.
MarcioJTJr
Send a message

Post by MarcioJTJr
Ok, maybe I'm just stupid but, if it used to work until arround a month ago doesn't look like to be possible to have a "working" version for the BB ?
It should be possible to download the latest version that works correctly and just doesn't update it any longer. I am 100% sure that a lot of users will be happy to be able to do so.

Okay, I am trying Trapster anyway ...
MarcioJTJr
Send a message

Post by mikeshurst
hmarian wrote:While maps are showing properly now, I have a question to you all if any of you experiencing routing issues with your BlackBerry?
Since this morning anytime I try to navigate somewhere, the route is showing for a few seconds, and after a short while it is recalculating the route and on and on. In most cases it is not even showing the purple route on the map, or the next turn street name.
Let me know if you had notice the same thing.
If you are using other handhelds (not BlackBerry) also please confirm if you have the same issue, so we will know if this is a BlackBerry issue or general device issue.

Thanks,
Hagay.
I'm seeing the same thing on BB Torch (in Canada). If I zoom out about three times, it doesn't re-calculate as often. But it is really annoying. If I'm approaching traffic it doesn't indicate if I should stay on the highway or get off (since it re-calculating the route too often). Since the recent map fix Waze seems to crash a couple minutes after turning it on. Quitting and restarting Waze seems to help. (Not sure if it actually crashed or just locked up for a few minutes).

Mike
mikeshurst
Send a message
BlackBerry Torch 9800
Kitchener - Waterloo - Cambridge

Post by mikeshurst
A follow-up from my previous post...

During my drive this morning Waze was "recalculating route..." an average of approx every 15 seconds (its been like this for a couple days now). The purple routing line is usually not displayed (but some segments do appear, then often disappear after the route is recalculated). If I adjust the zoom level on the map 3 or 4 times (to view more map), the entire purple route will usually display but the recalculating continues. When I reached my destination, Waze appeared to freeze. The menu would display, but selecting a menu item would not do anything (the shortcut keys were also unresponsive). I tried to upload logs but since nothing happened for a couple minutes I then tried to exit (which also wasn't responding). Eventually the upload logs message appeared and it began to upload. Not sure if the upload completed as my previous attempt to exit waze eventually worked after uploading about 3MB of data.

If I view my recent Drives, it appears that the GPS is working and is not losing my location.

I'm using a BlackBerry Torch 9800 (6.0 Bundle 695) on Rogers network in Canada.

I can live with the fact that Waze hasn't developed the latest version on the Blackberry, but to have the old version become unusable is really frustrating. I wonder how many BB users there are/were? I believe I'm seeing far fewer alerts since these latest BB issues appeared. FYI: I'm in the Waterloo Region (home of the BB).

Mike.
mikeshurst
Send a message
BlackBerry Torch 9800

Post by mikeshurst
FYI: I'm on the NA server and this problem has not returned since early October. Everything is working as expected for me.
mikeshurst
Send a message
BlackBerry Torch 9800

Post by mlehman01
Hello Wazers,

I'm located in United States and using BlackBerry 9360 on the AT&Tnetwork running Blackberry Version 7.0 Bundle 2408.

Since yesterday I'm also experiencing a problem where Waze maps are not showing on the device. I can see other Wazer's icons and reports but the roads are not showing on my device.

I see from the Waze Status webpage that the maps in North America were updated on the 24th. Is this the reason for the outage?
mlehman01
Send a message