Map Not Loading on BlackBerry + Rerouting Loop

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map Not Loading on BlackBerry

Postby mlehman01 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello Wazers,

I'm located in United States and using BlackBerry 9360 on the AT&Tnetwork running Blackberry Version 7.0 Bundle 2408 and Waze maps do not display.

I also upgraded to Blackberry OS Version 7.1 Bundle 1996. The blackberry os upgrade did not fix any Waze issues.

I still see from the Waze Status webpage that the maps in North America were updated on the 24th. Is this the reason for the outage?
mlehman01

Postby musicaljohnson » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Woo hoo! Working in Charleston, SC!!!
musicaljohnson

Postby Nahallac » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm

I am experiencing the same issue with maps not loading on my BlackBerry 9700 for the past two weeks. I have been using Waze for the past 6 months on this BlackBerry 9700 without any issues until recently. I am running Waze version 2.0.2.304.
Nahallac

Postby novagui » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Same issue here (Canada). Really annoying :(
novagui

Re: Map Not Loading on BlackBerry + Rerouting Loop

Postby OrtalLevi86 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 am

hi shmupi
i have downloaded and used preferences_j2me.zip that you have attached and it did worked but only for the first time i started waze after the file replecment.
after the second time i am still getting the "searching network" error and comparing the preferences_j2me file on the device is different.

can you help me on that?
Last edited by OrtalLevi86 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrtalLevi86

Postby Pert_ve » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I have the same problem here in Venezuela since two weeks ago on a Blackberry Curve 9300, Maps are not loading and can't navigate as well.
I'm so sorry about it because I use Waze on a daily basis and It is not working anymore (See https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55518), as I understand Waze is no longer providing support for the app on BB so I feel so much for all the time wasted in map editing and comunity work.
I dont blame waze for this because I'm able to understand that BB does not evolve his operating system and I'ts hard to keep support on an old version, but I hope waze undestand that they will be loosing a lot of users who usually work for them improving maps and sending information of routes and traffic, at least until they upgrade his celphones.

Thanks a lot I't was useful!
Pert_ve

Postby petersonvmoreira » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Same also in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Maps not showing up since last week. Blackberry Bold as well
petersonvmoreira

Postby Pochemuchka1977 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:05 pm

For the last several weeks I am facing this problem - Waze recalculating route every several seconds on my BB Bold with the latest Waze installed. If starting to be quite annoying. Is there anything that could be done regarding it ?

Thanks
Pochemuchka1977

Postby ponyskates » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 am

Same here, BB Bold, T-Mobile. Have uninstalled from BB for now, will keep on Droid.
ponyskates

Postby rgabo74 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:12 pm

I have the same problem in Hungary. Map is not loading on BB Bold9700. Otherwise application seem to be functional, GPS working, search working, speed displayed. I know old Blackberries are not officially supported, still I hope Waze don't let hudreds of wazers disappear from the community. BB's will last for a few more years...
rgabo74

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App