Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Voice input not working, Android (ver. 3.2.2.2)

Post by jacko310592
Hello,

When trying to report any type of hazard/issue using the voice input to share details (by clicking the microphone symbol), I get an error stating: "Uh-oh!: Record sound activity not found".

I have installed on my device Google's "Voice Search" application.. is this not the application Waze uses for its voice input?

Thank you for any support :D
jacko310592

POSTER_ID:10498073

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please include your device/OS/ROM info.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jacko310592
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Please include your device/OS/ROM info.
Hello, this is my device info:

Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
Rom: JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b
jacko310592
Send a message

Post by jacko310592
Worked it out,

Waze uses Android's default "SoundRecorder.apk", so I found the correct apk for my Android version, and now it works.

..not exactly the best way of achieving voice input though as the default sound recorder app takes over the entire screen ..not just a floating pop-up over Waze :/
jacko310592
Send a message

Post by pihentagy
Jacko310592 wrote:Worked it out,

Waze uses Android's default "SoundRecorder.apk", so I found the correct apk for my Android version, and now it works.

..not exactly the best way of achieving voice input though as the default sound recorder app takes over the entire screen ..not just a floating pop-up over Waze :/
Hi, I have the same problem, could you share the URL, where you've found relevant info?

Thanks in advance
pihentagy
Send a message