These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Gas prices along route

Post by Tubman
I've gotten pop-ups (iOS version) leading me to a listing of gas prices along my route and it's great--but I can't figure out how (or even if) I'm able to call this up whenever I need to see it. Thanks for any help!
Tubman

POSTER_ID:2660265

Send a message

Post by esprit1st
Tap the looking Glass icon, then on the field to enter text, then instead of typing in an address there should be a row of icons at the top with one being a pump.

It only works if you have a routing active.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
esprit1st
Send a message

Post by esprit1st
Yeah, it's useless a lot of times. I wonder why they don't partner with Gasbuddy. That would be awesome.

I use Gasbuddy to check the gas prices and then Waze my way there.

Little complicated but works good.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
esprit1st
Send a message

Post by jm6087
LewisBriskin wrote:My only problem with the gas prices along a route, is that they are not always up-to-date. So if you decide to go to one, you never know if the prices are right?
That is not just gas prices along routes, it is most gas prices. If drivers don't update the prices regularly, the prices will usually be wrong.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
Gasbuddy is still the same concept. You count on people with knowledge of the gas prices to update it. It can be just as wrong or out of date as Waze. The only difference is that Gasbuddy is specifically designed to report gas prices, so they tend to be reported more often and Waze is designed to be an navigation system that has the ability to report gas prices.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by LewisBriskin
My only problem with the gas prices along a route, is that they are not always up-to-date. So if you decide to go to one, you never know if the prices are right?
LewisBriskin
Send a message

Post by LewisBriskin
Gasbuddy is better but they too are not always updated. It is a hit or miss....
LewisBriskin
Send a message

Post by LostOnTheLine
GasBuddy has a number of advantages & differences
1st: GasBuddy for many stations is updated by the station itself.
2nd: The users are rewarded for reporting prices so though most of us update them because we want to make life easier for others, more people update because it is somewhat of a game & they get status for it.
3rd: If people update wrong prices more than a few times in GasBuddy their updates don't go through, unlike Google Maps & Waze who have people update with ridiculously wrong information because they like chaos & they do it all over & they're stuck until they each get fixed
LostOnTheLine
Send a message