Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Pop-up Alerts Obscure Map

Post by bunnly
When traffic alerts pop-up on my iPhone they obscure the map underneath, so I can't see where the problem actually is. It's really frustrating because some roads are several kilometers long and without at least the cross-street in the pop-up, I have no idea where the alert is referring to.

For example I see: Complete Standstill, Kingsway, Burnaby. But where on Kingsway in Burnaby? And if I close the alert to see the map, it takes me back to my current location.

Am I doing something wrong?
bunnly

POSTER_ID:10271023

Send a message

Post by Agamicox
Better of would be to move pop up to any of the sides making map readable... or anything similar..
But it has to be fixed! Very unhelpful
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jehsom wrote:Can we not have the option to turn those off entirely?? Thank you.
You mean what's been posted at least twice in just the last two weeks alone? Why is it google is used to search so often but a forum search is so unused?

Turn off "download traffic data" in adv settings. This has other effects too, but is currently the only way.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by blitzjuice
i hate this as well...sometimes it'll alert something and i need to see where exactly it is on the map as so i can avoid it.
blitzjuice
Send a message

Post by bunnly
Any solutions or work-arounds to this problem? I'll post this in the usability forum as well.
bunnly
Send a message

Post by bunnly
I agree, very unhelpful. The alerts are pretty much useless without at least the cross-street. An alert to a random, undisclosed location
bunnly
Send a message

Post by dirgela
I has been asked for years, but waze apparently does not care about usability. Or they forgot how it is done, so now they don;t want to touch this, because it could ruin the whole client app :lol: :lol:
dirgela
Send a message
iPhone 4S

Post by Jarpee05
Agreed. Needs some work.
Jarpee05
Send a message

Post by jehsom
Not only do they obscure the map, but they also obscure the current turn instructions. So when I'm sitting at a red light, they start popping up, and if I forget which way I'm supposed to turn at this light, I look down and expect to be able to see the next turn, but I have to close that annoying pop-up first.

Can we not have the option to turn those off entirely?? Thank you.
jehsom
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Other threads have discussed this with the idea of making them partially transparent.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message