Do you leave your client running?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Do you leave your client running?

Postby rvnash » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:04 pm

I use an iPhone.

I don't understand what people mean by leaving your client running. If I start Waze, and then switch to another App, is it still registering my driving? If it stays idle for a long time in the background, is it still registering? If it stops registering will it pick up again when I start driving? How can I tell? Do I need to make the app "active" again to make it start?

I also don't know what you mean by "shutting it down". So does killing the app by clicking on the "x" in the running app list count as shutting it down, or are you talking only about the "close" button in the app? Does clicking the "x" cause an upload? If the upload fails, does it keep my data if and try later when I restart the app, or just throw it away?

Can Waze explain with some clarity how all of this works?
rvnash

Postby rvnash » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:06 pm

What an odd place to put that functionality. Uploading the logs is not a "Setting" and it doubly is not a "Help" activity. It would be nice if there were a top level button in the main menu for "Logs" where you can see what logs you have that have yet been uploaded and do it from there.
rvnash

Postby TurnpikeWarrior » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Waze should automatically shuts down if a Wazer hasn't moved from a point after a certain period of time.
TurnpikeWarrior

Previous

Return to Waze App