Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby autourdupc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 am

This morning, when launching Waze, the firts map I got waze the map with an old alert pop-up I got in the previous use of Waze 1 day ago.
I never had this issue before.
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 am

Still have zoom issue.
When driving with zoom in at maximum, after 30 minutes of drive, the zoom level is changed !
(bug already existing in previous beta and releases)
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Will test now
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby ASergunov » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:44 am

About test theme. Street has same color as farmland

2012-10-01_09.40.21.jpg
test theme
2012-10-01_09.40.21.jpg (13.74 KiB) Viewed 996 times

2012-10-01_09.39.49.jpg
2012-10-01_09.39.49.jpg (11.14 KiB) Viewed 996 times
ASergunov

Postby alenansk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am

perlin wrote:
alenansk wrote:- better route find: is really annoying because:
-- impossible to close

I wonder why you say that because you can close it, there's a little X on the right upper side. Maybe you've missed it?

both: 1 - miss it and 2 - TOO SMALL to see and to tap.. and many times when i tap it.. nothing happens... so probably i miss it...
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 am

perlin wrote:
alenansk wrote:when share location with someone (1rst person), and then wish to pick-up someone else (2nd person), the first person can't see me anymore (error - request cancelled)

This is an expected result. If you share your ride with someone and then start a route- his link will be broken.

actually... firstly i start route, than share route with first person.. then wish pick-up a second person... i see that in this case my route will be modified....
but i think that may be it is possible to modify already created route (for example, it may happens if occurs an accedent by the way and a road will be closed so waze will recalculate my route) without cancel links i already shared?

- forget about a tunnel problem... still need solutions which continue to ride with the same speed a road you drive before gps signal is lost... when the exit is just after the end of tunnel... waze don't give instructions because it "doesnt know" where i am ...
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 am

today i wanted to make a screenshot of share menu where is it possible to see that i have "share by skype" inside "share by email" options
but every time i choose "share by email", waze restart.. than i can't send log because my waze lost network connection, phone restart (even trying to take off a battery), but not solved... still no network connection... retry today evening...
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 am

pvaladares wrote:
alenansk wrote:...

- "red wazer" (see photo below) behind "DEBUG" word [already noticed]; when i tap on it, the red wazer dissappears - i think it is bug

It is not a ghost. I just means your share is being transmitted/shared.

no no, i didn't start any sharing
and the "ghost waze" is barred....
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm

hi to all

there are some of my notes:

- when share location with someone (1rst person), and then wish to pick-up someone else (2nd person), the first person can't see me anymore (error - request cancelled)
the second person have an error - can't find your location - when open link on PC (may be in this case this person should just see me on the map?)

- share my ride:
1 - there is a choice:
a) by text message (SMS)
b) by email: and here you have again to choose:
b1) by gmail
b2) by skype

the firs issue is that "share by skype" does not work, nothing happens (the first time i need to sign in to skype), then, sharing again, nothing happens, there is not contact list where i can choose a person to share, and my skype status doesn't change the secons is that may be skype must be between text messages and not between emails

- "red wazer" (see photo below) behind "DEBUG" word [already noticed]; when i tap on it, the red wazer dissappears - i think it is bug

- is it possible to make upper instructions box - smaller (may be by cutting off some millimeters on the inferior board) or to make it more trasparent?

- sometimes the left menu icon dissapears, copule of time it happened when i parked after reaching my destination (see image attached)

- too much menu settings when in navigating mode, need to be reorganized and reduced

- better route find: is really annoying because:
-- impossible to close
-- can't see on the map or to see any details because while driving is dangerous for driver
-- "better" route has arrival time later than the route i currently driving, in preferences i choosed "fastest" way.. so why i get a suggestions for a "better" root which is really worth?

thank you
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (56.22 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (66.94 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby alenansk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 pm

FreeMan12 wrote:
nzhook wrote:
  • There doesnt seem to be a way to cancel the 'Are you heading to ...' directions, if I click the X it routes anyway, if I leave it alone it defaults to Ok, and the only other button is 'Routes'. Could we have a 'No' button?

This, very much! It's not quite so annoying to have to hit the little 'x', I guess I've started to get used to it already, since it's the only option on so many dialogues in the new betas, but a "No" or "Cancel" button would be much nicer.

Also, sometimes, it's so slow to come up with the "Are you heading to ..." that I've already started to select a different location to navigate to, and this pops up and overrides what I was already entering. It can take so long, that I can already be typing in an address to navigate to when it asks if I'm heading to Home, thus wiping out the portion of the address that I've already entered. I suppose the delay is fine, however, before that pops up, it needs to check to ensure that I'm not already in the destination selection dialogue system before it pops that up. Actually, it should probably ensure that I'm not actively "doing" something (i.e. any where in the menus) before it pops this up, and if I'm already into navigation, it shouldn't pop up at all.

+1
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing