These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.50

Post by RussPA
Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:
◦ New & improved! Sharing your drive with friends and family has never been easier.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.49
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by 8fa139eb140f499893a076a25c8ec8d3
Look at the attached image. Android Car displays often have a 1024x600 resolution, resulting in the "car info" label overlapping the current location.
8fa139eb140f499893a076a25c8ec8d3
Send a message
Attachments

Post by 8fa139eb140f499893a076a25c8ec8d3
Being used to other navigation software, it feels very strange the current location arrow is not centered horizontally on the screen. See the attached image.
8fa139eb140f499893a076a25c8ec8d3
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Banditz71
8fa139eb140f499893a076a25c8ec8d3 wrote:Look at the attached image. Android Car displays often have a 1024x600 resolution, resulting in the "car info" label overlapping the current location.
The "Car Info" button should NOT even be there! It belongs "only" in Settings......
Banditz71
Send a message

Post by Bolt_Pride1904
I've also had "searching network" issues. Especially from WiFi to Cellular network, it fails to load all the traffic data. Planned drives fail to load from notifications, you have to manually select from search menu. Planned drive alerts/notifications do work.
Bolt_Pride1904
Send a message

Post by GreenAcuras
I also have the network issue. I've let it go for 5-10 minutes without ever reconnecting to the network. absolutely have to shut down the app and restart it. And sometimes that has to be done 2-3 times.

Once, I drove through a no signal area and lost the connection to the network. I don't ever recall seeing a message about it on the app. If I log-in to my account, the trace of that drive stops when I go into the no-signal area and never returns at any point in the remaining 45 minutes of driving I had on that trip.
GreenAcuras
Send a message

Post by GreenAcuras
On a separate topic, my navigation directions have started changing size at random. Here's what it looked like the first time I noticed it.

https://vpo0ra.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mVfo ... pmode=none

And then a few turns later in the same drive, it switched back to the size and layout I usually see.

https://8ldctw.dm.files.1drv.com/y4mWRC ... pmode=none

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Turning the phone between landscape and portrait didn't make any difference. It just suddenly does this on its own. Any ideas? Is there a new setting we weren't told about? Or is this just some new bug they've introduced by mucking about with one of the few things that was working perfectly.
GreenAcuras
Send a message

Post by RussPA
True, GPS needs view of the sky to work, underground areas are always an issue. There isn't much you can do to resolve this issue.

As far as No Network, I get that occasionally too. I start my route in my house in WiFi, and I can get No Network after I drive away and my phone switches to cellular, but I just keep driving and within a few seconds it connects and starts working again, I rarely ever need to restart the app to resolve that issue. How long have you waited after seeing No Network before you restart the app?
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by Skiffie
Issue re: Sharing a Drive.

I can no longer find my wife's contact details when trying to share my drive with her. It used to be there as a "quick share" contact (i.e. hit Share Drive then one touch on the recent list and send), but now it has gone. There's also a "blank" entry in this list. When I try to search her details, I can't find it at all! The contact list is very limited despite Waze having permissions to access my Contacts. It appears to only pull up a shorter list of friends possibly sharing their phone through Facebook, which is also connected.

I've tried clearing the cache but no change.

I've tried clearing data and re-linking to my account, but no change.

Android App, version 4.51.2.1 installed.
Android version 8.0.0
Phone is Asus Zenfone 4 ZE554KL software information WW_ZE554KL_15.0610.1905.28
Contacts app is version 3.2.0.49_181224
Skiffie
Send a message

Post by teacherk6
Ver 4.50.1.1

If I have GPS and data on, Waze will not connect to GPS if initiated in an undercover area. So, I can't start my navigation till I exit my parking, then pull over to close and start waze again. Only problem with this is I work in the CBD where I can exit left or right from the underground parking then there is nowhere to stop and multiple directions to get home depending on traffic and road closures - very VERY frustrating.

Next - No internet? I always have data on. If I start waze often it will say no network. Need to stop, close waze, turn off and on data, open waze in the hope it finds the data connection that was always there and always on anyway.

These problems are recent. Why do 'updates' have a habit of wrecking things?
teacherk6
Send a message