How does Waze know when traffic has cleared up?

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: How does Waze know when traffic has cleared up?

Postby usnret04 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 pm

CBenson wrote:Yes, but waze routing is based on the automatic traffic data (those that color the road), not the manual reports that last for awhile and disappear.

This is probably the biggest discrepancy in my area. I often see roads that are very lightly traveled being orange or red. Sometimes no cars at all!

There should be a way for a Wazer to submit an "all clear" notification of some sort.
usnret04

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Trunks30 wrote:if waze isn't deeming 15mph on a 70mph road heavy traffic, then how is that outsmarting traffic?

If all the other options are going at less than 15mph or taking a faster road will get you to your destination later than if you sat in the traffic, then you are still outsmarting traffic by going 15 in a 70.

It is impossible to avoid ALL traffic and Waze never promises it will avoid all traffic for that reason.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby xteejx » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Or someone breaks down, leaves Waze running and you get routed off the motorway at the previous junction.
Yes this has happened to me. Annoying but nice to see that rerouting does in fact work. I realised when I was sent across the bridge over the motorway and kindly cursed my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Previous

Return to Waze App