Empower your map edits! Learn how "Suggest an Edit" unlocks new possibilities on  March 10th Office Hours
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.51

Post by
App Store release notes wrote:What's New
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:
◦ Fixed a bug that prevented some users from reporting gas prices
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.50

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Post by AcidPanties
I have latest iOS version and latest iOS Waze app. So far the app worked very well, I have it installed since 2016. Now I haven’t used it since a couple of weeks, don’t remember if any update came out in the meantime.
Now the speed shown is about 15 km/h higher than the real speed: I have a Waze installed also on an Android phone and the difference is confirmed, Android version is accurate. I tried to remove and re-install the app but no success. Anyone else experiencing my issue?
AcidPanties
Send a message

Post by AcidPanties
Sorry to come back on the speed issue, but under these assumptions

1) Previous versions of Waze were working perfectly wirh CarPlay on my Ford C-Max and showing correct speed
2) I haven’t updated the Sync software since the past 2 years approx, just after I bought the car
3) I have installed also Sygic which is showing the correct speed during navigation

How can you say that the issue comes from the Ford system and that there is no way to have a workaround to solve it but waiting Ford to release a Sync update?
AcidPanties
Send a message

Post by bjvan75
I'm having this same issue. The difference between actual speed and what waze is showing increases as my speed increases. At 60 MPH per my vehicle waze is consistently showing 70. As I hit 75 MPG, waze then is closer to 87 or 88. At 40 MPH it is usually showing 45. This is new behavior within the last week or two. I use waze daily for all my commuting and have noticed the difference.
bjvan75
Send a message

Post by DrHKF
Hi, all. To begin, I have reported this navigation issue through the app. I updated to 4.51 on my iphone 7 running iOS 12.3.1. Now, speed limits will not show up in the factory Carplay display in my 2018 Honda Accord. One of the features that set Waze apart is the availability of speed limits both when navigating and when the Waze app is just open. Interestingly the speed limits still appear on the app display when just using the phone and I still hear the sound warning when I exceed the 5 mph above the speed limit threshold that I selected.
DrHKF
Send a message

Post by DrHKF
RussPA wrote:Carplay issues have their own thread. Maybe this has been mentioned there.
This section is supposed to be for bugs. That is what I think that I have identified.
DrHKF
Send a message

Post by gale.il
Hi
yesterday i upgraded to 4.5.1 and now i cant use it in pioneer car DVD,
gale.il
Send a message

Post by is200fan
Waze seems to be having trouble as of late with automatically recalculating routes when a traffic jam occurs (or disappears). Forcing it to manually recalculate (using the Routes button) does result in significantly shorter journey times, but that requires a passenger to continue driving safely. I expected Waze to automatically reroute, but it didn't. It seems to mostly occur when a border crossing is involved (resulting in a brief connection loss) and on somewhat longer routes.

I'm on iOS 12.3.1, Waze 4.51 running on an iPhone 5S.
is200fan
Send a message

Post by mcdelmas
Hi.
Waze 4.51
Iphone 6 ios 12.2
My calendars are no longer synced with waze and no planned drives appear.
All my events have their address.
Can you help?
mcdelmas
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
The speed was fixed in the latest release of the Ford Sync 3.0 software. I had this issue in my 2016 Edge but it is now fixed after installation of the update file. You can see the information about it in the Using Waze with Apple CarPlay thread.
titchy_ wrote:
Apologies if I've missed this being reported before but the last few days since updating I have noticed that navigation has already started after plugging into CarPlay. I assume it is learning my frequently traveled routes because there's nothing in my calendar or planned drives.

I can't see any settings for this. Anyone else?
What I have found, is that this is when Waze is assuming you're headed to a frequent destination at that time of the day, but Waze doesn't display it calculating to that destination on CarPlay.
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Mvan231
titchy_ wrote:
Wish they would add a setting to be able to turn this off.
I've heard you can turn it off at http://www.waze.com/account and unchecking Auto-suggestions for destinations
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png