Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

HTC HD2

Post by freedirk
For what its worth I have an HD2 and Waze seems to work well on it. Very finger friendly, but make sure you download the WVGA version. The standard WM6 cab works full screen but the icons look pixelated.

I look forward to further developments, and more users.
freedirk

POSTER_ID:209960

Send a message

Post by benneh
I too am seeing issues with GPS on my HD2 (standard rom), running 1.8.0 of waze.

If I choose detect GPS, it scans through comms ports 1,2,4 and 9 before giving up and saying cannot find GPS. Howerer! if I first start an app like google maps which uses the GPS, and then fire up Waze, the GPS detection suddently works. It detects on Com4, speed 4800.

Until auto detection works properly, it would be nice if we could manually set these.
benneh
Send a message

Post by deeggo
It's weird. I'm using an HD2 based ROM on my Diamond2 and 1.8.0 works perfectly, except for the freezing issue after 20 mins.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by freedirk
Mmmmmm its so very good. I have made a couple of iphone owners weep with mine.

However much you are looking forward to owning one, its not enough. Get more excited.
freedirk
Send a message

Post by Gman65
freedirk wrote:For what its worth I have an HD2 and Waze seems to work well on it. Very finger friendly, but make sure you download the WVGA version. The standard WM6 cab works full screen but the icons look pixelated.

I look forward to further developments, and more users.
Looking forward to that, TMO US should have them out by mid month. I will have one then.
Gman65
Send a message
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by Gman65
nutzareus wrote:Any updates on HD2 freezing up using waze? I've sent bug reports. It's unusable for me at this point, can't be pulling battery every time I use waze... back to using BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone clients for a bit.... thanks for checking out user feedback!
I feel your pain, if ya like pm me your email and I will email you the last stable beta 1.3.9.0
It would be nice if we had access to the "all" of the builds, as we might find one that works for those of us with the freezing issue.
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
Ok, I just tried 1.8.0 again... This time I tried the following:
Stock Rom
KeepAwake
Stock Radio 2.08

Result froze after 14-15 mins had to pull back cover, phone completely unresponsive.

Tried again after HSPL,(Hard SPL so I can try custom roms)
Updated radio to 2.09.59.29_2
With and without KeepAwake

Result froze after 18 mins, pull back cover...etc etc.

Will update post after flashing new build,(currently running WinMo 6.5).

For the record, 1.3.9.0 does NOT show "Berries" on the map on my stock HD2. I can see them fine with 1.8.0 with the time limit of 15mins or so before freezing. :-(
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
HMF512 wrote:I got a HTC HD2 from asia and wazing in asia. i havent got problem on the gps issue.... but got major issue on the freezing. what i have notice is that when the phone starts to heat up, it frequently get hang but if you can cool down such as airing it on the aircon ventilation, it reduces the freezing problem. i hope someone can verify my findings.
Mine was mounted on my air vent, even with a/c running the newer clients froze from 1.4.2.3 on. No longer mounted on vent, but since I am running 1.3.9.0 I have not had a freeze.
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by Gman65
oliverde8 wrote:
HMF512 wrote:I got a HTC HD2 from asia and wazing in asia. i havent got problem on the gps issue.... but got major issue on the freezing. what i have notice is that when the phone starts to heat up, it frequently get hang but if you can cool down such as airing it on the aircon ventilation, it reduces the freezing problem. i hope someone can verify my findings.
I have this same freezing problem. very annoying. I play a lot of games on my HD2 with FPSECE. The phone gets warmer then when I am using Wave. No I wouldn't say that is the problem, if it was I would have the same problem while playing.

I wasn't restarting very often my phone before, now that I use waze 2 times a day, going to work and coming back from work I need to stop.

What I tried also was restarting waze every 10 minute, before it has time to crash. it does seem to solve the problem.
Tried that too, and it gets old fast...lol does work if you remember.
Gman65
Send a message
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2

Post by gsp-nl
Landscape,

Hi, I just started using waze (today), I've downloaded the WVGA version. I've 2 questions:
* when I use my hd2 horizontally, the application is not in landscape. Is this possible?
* the text of the buttons at the bottom of the screen flow in eachother (size too large)? Do you recognize this? Is this changeable?

Regards, GSP-NL (HTC HD2 NL)
gsp-nl
Send a message
GSP-NL - HTC HD2