Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Client won't update my edits to the livemap

Post by Bomber_Man
Hello, I've been using Waze for a couple of weeks now, and while my experience so far has been enormously positive, for some reason I can't get my client to update to the changes I made in the Map Editor for my area.

I'm using an iPhone4 with IOS6 and my client is up to date. I live in Seoul, South Korea. There are MANY inaccuracies with the map out here, so I've been spending a lot of time on the Map Editor. Unfortunately I can't see these changes in my client. Even when I select 'Refresh map of my area' the errors that I fixed are still there.

It's possible... no, rather likely... that I don't really know what I'm doing yet, or how the update process works, so can someone set me straight on this?
Bomber_Man

POSTER_ID:11121698

Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Bomber_Man wrote:Specifically, the area around Sincheon station in Seoul has been unchanged for weeks in my client, with various inaccuracies. Despite my edits prior to the 14th.
Yeah, the "update date" is only the date the update went live. However, the tile update process starts days, sometimes many many days, prior to that and it is that date which determines what edits make it in to the next update.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
The last update I see on the ROTW server was on October 4th... BUT only included updates prior to September 25... http://status.waze.com/map-tiles-in-the ... een-update
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Bomber_Man wrote:Thanks for setting me straight. Is there any expected update frequency or schedule so you guys don't get noob questions like mine so much?
Right now Waze is doing Major Infrastructure Upgrades, so there is a large delay in map updates - first it was on the NA server, now it's on the ROTW server... Waze has said the plan is to get to 2 or 3 update cycles a week (on a set schedule), but that is still a while off...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bomber_Man
Indeed, I have read the FAQ. Or at least the parts pertaining to map updates. Also the status now says the map has been updated for international users as of October 14th, however I see no change in my client, even after refreshing the map in the settings.

Specifically, the area around Sincheon station in Seoul has been unchanged for weeks in my client, with various inaccuracies. Despite my edits prior to the 14th.
Bomber_Man
Send a message

Post by Bomber_Man
Ahh... Ok I see where I misunderstood. This was something else then: http://status.waze.com/intl-server-points-update-delay

Thanks for setting me straight. Is there any expected update frequency or schedule so you guys don't get noob questions like mine so much?
Bomber_Man
Send a message