Client "PAVE" not clearing

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Client "PAVE" not clearing

Postby TheDane » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 am

Hrmm...

As far as I am concerned Pave still has its use - namely when you are, well paving, in an area with bad or outdated sattelite images...

I find that the driven track record is not nearly as accurate as the pave function. Not a problem with good imagery - but certainly a problem when images have not been updated and when recent GPS tracks are scattered all over the place and not showing the roads actual geometry...

Like in this example:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

I have not personally had problems with paved roads not turning up in the klient - but I have had problems with paved road not turning up in WME when the klient crashed during or just after a pave.
TheDane

Re: Client "PAVE" not clearing

Postby CrackedLCD » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 am

Pave is definitely a useful feature when roads are being created faster than the satellite or GPS layers are updated. I've got close to nine miles of paved roads showing up on my Dashboard.

And like the OP, they never disappeared until Waze was updated. And paved roads since updating are still showing up even though it's been weeks. I think I topped out at 2.5 months with the paved roads showing up before the latest Waze for Android was released.

Since it's strictly a cosmetic issue on the client's end, I don't think the Waze folks are considering it a priority to be fixed.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Waze App