How to add a gas station? (Canada)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby Hypersky75 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:03 pm

So, what the heck is going on with Gas Stations in Canada? When do we get gas prices? Any recent updates on this subject other than "soon" and "might"?
Hypersky75
Area Manager
Area Manager
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: Laval, QC
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:05 pm

We've been adding them for a few reasons - 1) The traffic jam suppression 2) The automatic problem reports get suppressed too and 3) There have been hints (from Waze staff) that there are changes coming to the NA server and that we should be adding them. The only concerns we have are for duplicate landmarks once whatever they are planning happens...
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7148
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1312 times

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby therubinator » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:02 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Do you see the extended options in Canada? Or is it just like any other landmark with just a Type of Gas Station and a Name & Description field?


No extended options, no, so as you say - probably just as landmarks of the "Gas Station" type.
therubinator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 pm

therubinator wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Unfortunately, those are the directions for the WORLD SERVER ONLY - Canada is on the NA Server (with the USA).


Yep, those directions are indeed for the world server, but it still works on the NA server, which is, in fact where I've been adding stations.

Do you see the extended options in Canada? Or is it just like any other landmark with just a Type of Gas Station and a Name & Description field?
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7148
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1312 times

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby therubinator » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Unfortunately, those are the directions for the WORLD SERVER ONLY - Canada is on the NA Server (with the USA).


Yep, those directions are indeed for the world server, but it still works on the NA server, which is, in fact where I've been adding stations.
therubinator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby invented » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:31 pm

AndyPoms wrote:
EmmEff wrote:It really isn't "social" if the users of the service aren't allowed to add "things"... I can't complain because I'm not paying for the service, but I can stop using the service because it doesn't do what I need it to.
From what I've been told, that is in the works for the USA (and probably Canada too as it's on the NA server)...

Gas stations don't work but you can certainly add the landmarks...
invented
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Port Colborne, ON
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby AndyPoms » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 pm

EmmEff wrote:It really isn't "social" if the users of the service aren't allowed to add "things"... I can't complain because I'm not paying for the service, but I can stop using the service because it doesn't do what I need it to.
From what I've been told, that is in the works for the USA (and probably Canada too as it's on the NA server)...

therubinator wrote:From what I have gathered around the waze.com site, the feature to display gas stations (and update prices) is coming soon to Canada. However, the ability to add them is done via the Map Editor. Description on how to do that is in this page here:

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Gas_ ... _server.29

I've started plopping in a few around Toronto - seems pretty easy. Looking forward to when they start showing up in the client!
Unfortunately, those are the directions for the WORLD SERVER ONLY - Canada is on the NA Server (with the USA). But it's probably a good idea to keep adding those gas stations (but know you will probably have to go back and edit them as the NA Server & the ROTW Server have different property fields to fill in for Gas Stations-NA treats them just like any other landmark right now).
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 7148
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Location: Hartford, CT
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 1312 times

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby therubinator » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:09 pm

From what I have gathered around the waze.com site, the feature to display gas stations (and update prices) is coming soon to Canada. However, the ability to add them is done via the Map Editor. Description on how to do that is in this page here:

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Gas_ ... _server.29

I've started plopping in a few around Toronto - seems pretty easy. Looking forward to when they start showing up in the client!
therubinator
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Toronto
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby EmmEff » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:10 pm

It really isn't "social" if the users of the service aren't allowed to add "things"... I can't complain because I'm not paying for the service, but I can stop using the service because it doesn't do what I need it to.
EmmEff
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: How to add a gas station? (Canada)

Postby invented » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 am

EmmEff wrote:I'm surprised but at the same time, I honestly don't see many other Wazers while I'm driving outside of Toronto.

It'd be nice if we could add our stations manually and let the social network maintain the list and prices.

This is Waze, and this sort of thing happens at a glacial pace. I usually use the gas prices feature when I travel into Buffalo and it works somewhat well.
invented
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 am
Location: Port Colborne, ON
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Next

Return to Waze App

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher