Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.64

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.64

Postby ArchieHasAntlers » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Two issues I've had:

Opening the bottom pane while a pop-up is open saying that the ETA has changed caused an app crash. I've not been able to reproduce.

There is a strange TTS glitch when the phrase "exit left" is used. It comes out garbled and sounds like "exi--a--lef". I've tried clearing the TTS cache and it hasn't worked.
ArchieHasAntlers

Postby blue201962 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm

BUG:

Railroad Crossing Warning re-enables itself after being shut off.

This has happened three times.
Eschew Obfuscation.
blue201962

Unable saving HOME and WORK addresses - with workaround

Postby ghrasko » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:11 pm

PROBLEM:
Unable to modify and save HOME and WORK address. It let me defining/changing the addresses and said it had been saved. But it was not.

DISCOVERED CAUSE:
I am running Waze in Hungarian, where it uses the Hungarian name for HOME and WORK ("Otthon" and "Munka"). However, when saving, it did not translated back and thus had not recognized that these are the special HOME and WORK addresses. It save the items in the Favorite list and let the special HOME and WORK addresses undefined (or with the old value).

WORKAROUND:
Delete any old addresses saved as HOME or WORK (in your local language) possibly from the favorites, but from everywhere. Change application language to English. Define and save the HOME and WORK addresses as desired. Change back application language to your language.
ghrasko

Postby gr4v1ty » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:26 pm

BUG : Driving on a road without service doesn't upload the drive afterwards when getting connection. Same happens to paving roads. Paved road in rural area without internet. Road shows up in application still (blue road) but doesn't on the map editor.
gr4v1ty

Postby HernanLeBarbarian » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:34 pm

Can't log in. Using new Galaxy s10 and it pulls up my account but is always stuck with the loading icon. Never actually connects. This is both through the phone number and via facebook. Sometimes there's a pop up saying error creating new user account. I've reinstalled the app, cleared cache, rebooted phone. No luck.
HernanLeBarbarian

Postby jm6087 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:27 pm

gr4v1ty wrote:BUG : Driving on a road without service doesn't upload the drive afterwards when getting connection. Same happens to paving roads. Paved road in rural area without internet. Road shows up in application still (blue road) but doesn't on the map editor.

That is not a bug, that is how the app has always worked.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby Mapman44 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:04 pm

This issue came to my attention via two URs in my area. A user reported that when zoomed in on his current location Waze shows the town name correctly but when zooming out the name changes, and I was able to reproduce the problem myself. For example, I live in Coos Bay, OR and when zoomed in that is what is displayed, but when I zoom out to a certain point the city name changes to Portland which is over 200 miles away (and Portland disappears from its correct location on the map).

Is it really a bug? Is this just an Oregon issue? Can you reproduce it where you live? Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated.
mapman44 - Coos Bay, OR
[ img ] Area Manager for southern Oregon - Albany south to the California border.

The best things in life are not things.
Mapman44

Postby novenkykh » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:23 am

Constantly loses GPS. It is solved by rebooting the phone. There are a lot of such feedbacks in Google, are you going to solve the problem?
novenkykh

Re: Unable saving HOME and WORK addresses - with workaround

Postby pox_online » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:43 am

ghrasko wrote:PROBLEM:
Unable to modify and save HOME and WORK address. It let me defining/changing the addresses and said it had been saved. But it was not.

DISCOVERED CAUSE:
I am running Waze in Hungarian, where it uses the Hungarian name for HOME and WORK ("Otthon" and "Munka"). However, when saving, it did not translated back and thus had not recognized that these are the special HOME and WORK addresses. It save the items in the Favorite list and let the special HOME and WORK addresses undefined (or with the old value).

WORKAROUND:
Delete any old addresses saved as HOME or WORK (in your local language) possibly from the favorites, but from everywhere. Change application language to English. Define and save the HOME and WORK addresses as desired. Change back application language to your language.

This bug is known and will be fixed in the next release 4.65.x.x
Regards
Peter
[ img ]
Android Beta
Discord: pox#6098
pox_online
State Manager
State Manager

Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.64

Postby RussPA » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:43 pm

Play Store release notes wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:

Fixed a bug that caused the app to close after searching for a saved location.

Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.63
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to Waze App