Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby Jpere » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 pm

daknife wrote:
Keihin wrote:
ellipsis wrote:The icons on the bottom corners are both blank. The main menu is showing only the top two rows and I have to scroll to the third row. The report menu is showing all three rows as normal.
Other than these issues it seems stable. I'm using a Droid Bionic with CM9.
[ img ]

AFAIK this is all by design. Not bugs.

Then it's a faulty design. What was wrong with the two page indicator at the bottom of the icon screen indicating a need to swipe to the right to go to the second page of buttons. The prior method was a far cleaner and more sensible format for when the button count exceeded what the screen can display.

This. One hundred times this. I have a Galaxy S3 and the last thing I need is to scroll the menu when there is PLENTY OF SCREEN SPACE remaining.

Secondly, I dislike the fact that the X button to close the pop ups is tiny and tucked away in the corner of the pop-up.

Finally, it's difficult to make out the little number next to the replies or thanks in the pop-up.

As far as in-car usability, we've taken a step back with this version.

What is the point of having beta testers if you're going to ignore their feedback? Unbelievable.
Jpere

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 pm

lynnae wrote:This may have been raised, and I'm sorry if I'm repeating something from previous releases, but every time Waze has a major update, my default Units resets to KM.

I'm in the UK, and our default should be Miles I'd say, but really, I'd rather it just saved my settings.

I've raised this with the team for every release and every beta release for the past 2 years. :-(

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie

Postby Daknife » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Keihin wrote:
ellipsis wrote:The icons on the bottom corners are both blank. The main menu is showing only the top two rows and I have to scroll to the third row. The report menu is showing all three rows as normal.
[ img ]

Then it's a faulty design. What was wrong with the two page indicator at the bottom of the icon screen indicating a need to swipe to the right to go to the second page of buttons. The prior method was a far cleaner and more sensible format for when the button count exceeded what the screen can display.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Keihin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:48 pm

bkayrac wrote:can't view scoreboard inside app, crashes on galaxy nexus google play version, 4.1.2

logs sent just a minute ago

Same device and version here, and same problem.
Keihin
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Keihin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm

[ img ]

Keihin
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: R: Re: Re: R: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby Mike-1323 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 am

m4rc072 wrote:Absolutely not, the coverage is perfect the other app works fine, only waze and only this version. In the same places, with the previous version I never had any problems.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

I agree that this version is reporting lost network in locations where it hasn't before and when the phone itself is indicating that the network is still connected and other apps are still receiving data.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: Meetup Texts Not Received

Postby serick224 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm

perlin wrote:
serick224 wrote:I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.

Where are you located? (US/Europe/etc.)

US
serick224

Re: Meetup Texts Not Received

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm

serick224 wrote:I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.

Where are you located? (US/Europe/etc.)

serick224 wrote:On a slightly related note, is there a way to close all the windows that pop up at once? While sending a meet up text I can get 3 - 4 windows deep, and clicking the small 'x' or pressing back that many times while driving is dangerous.

You are right and we are aware of that. It's going to be fixed in one of the upcoming versions.
perlin

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby gerben » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Please upgrade to 3.5.1.4 and report your feedback here.

Locked and unstickied.
gerben

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby bluepawel » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:44 am

Waze client (beta and official) offers me strange routing to some destinations. I know about particularly route that it has length of about 270km optimal. If I check routing in live map it's something similar, but if I'm trying to navigate in client it gives me over 300km routes. And what's strange, when I'm trying to navigate with data connection off, waze calculates pretty good route, about 275km, but when I turn on internet it automatically navigates me via long, over 300km route, for which eta is over 4 hours instead of previous 3.5h.
bluepawel

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App