Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby pixelgeek » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Quite interesting... For the first time I'm on the receiving part of the "share my drive" feature and some things are quite strange:

I'm in Finland, the text message I got from my friend is in english, but the text on the "Share Drive" Website is in spanish (?).
Wazing in Finland / Switzerland
AM Switzerland: Ostschweiz - St.Gallen - Appenzell
HTC Sensation / Android Revolution HD / Waze Beta Tester
pixelgeek

Postby storrm » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 am

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2 G version and recentlt flashed CyanogenMod v10.0.0. Couldn't even load Waze. It just crash when launched. Is there any compatibily issue here?
storrm

Postby bluepawel » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:44 am

Waze client (beta and official) offers me strange routing to some destinations. I know about particularly route that it has length of about 270km optimal. If I check routing in live map it's something similar, but if I'm trying to navigate in client it gives me over 300km routes. And what's strange, when I'm trying to navigate with data connection off, waze calculates pretty good route, about 275km, but when I turn on internet it automatically navigates me via long, over 300km route, for which eta is over 4 hours instead of previous 3.5h.
bluepawel

Meetup Texts Not Received

Postby serick224 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 am

I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.

:?: :?:

On a slightly related note, is there a way to close all the windows that pop up at once? While sending a meet up text I can get 3 - 4 windows deep, and clicking the small 'x' or pressing back that many times while driving is dangerous.
serick224

Re: Meetup Texts Not Received

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm

serick224 wrote:I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.

Where are you located? (US/Europe/etc.)

serick224 wrote:On a slightly related note, is there a way to close all the windows that pop up at once? While sending a meet up text I can get 3 - 4 windows deep, and clicking the small 'x' or pressing back that many times while driving is dangerous.

You are right and we are aware of that. It's going to be fixed in one of the upcoming versions.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Meetup Texts Not Received

Postby serick224 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm

perlin wrote:
serick224 wrote:I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.

Where are you located? (US/Europe/etc.)

US
serick224

Postby gerben » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Please upgrade to 3.5.1.4 and report your feedback here.

Locked and unstickied.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben

Previous

Return to Waze App