These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by crazed_out
idaysh wrote:As someone has already mentioned, the navigation bar (the next maneuver) at the top is huge in landscape mode.
Where has the route progress gone? Distance left, time left, ETA?
Besides that it's OK.
It should be in a square between the menu and report buttons. A least that's where it is for me.
crazed_out
Send a message

Post by crazed_out
Had a really strange thing happen driving home from Göteborg today. All of a sudden I got a hazard report, nothing strange about that but it was 200m (1/8mile) west of my directed drive. It was no way for me to get to that street without making a big detour from my preferred route either. Simply a faulty hazard report.

It was on my wifes Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.0.
crazed_out
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

Looking too apple-ish really.

Icons missing (mentioned elsewhere)
shot_000002.png
Icons incorrect
(100 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
No category descriptions
shot_000001.png
No category descriptions
(31.97 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
No option to remove any/all of the pop ups. You know, sometimes we don't want to see them, especially as the roads colour code for jams.
And yes, the multitude of pop-ups when you stop at light/junctions/whatever are becoming (quite a while ago) annoying.
At least have the decency to give an option to turn them off.
Turning them off in "Show on map" doesn't stop them.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,
WeeeZer14 wrote:
CTCNetwork wrote:Icons missing (mentioned elsewhere)
shot_000002.png
This seems to be an intentional design choice and not an error.
Really!

Same thing to select your car. You have the icon and no text beside it until you select one and it pops back to the previous menu.

If this really is "by design" WTF are they designing for??!!

And yes, Waze support DOES ignore requests and reports. Although I did get a mail asking me about my report re the above mentioned icons and text missing. But nothing since my reply... I'll not hold my breath!
Waze: Do you really not understand your user base? We are grumpy and belligerent because we are treated so poorly. And still we come back. Doesn't this tell you something? Haven't you considered why?

Des. . . :evil:
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by Daknife
I absolutely HATE having the top third of my screen permanently blocked out by the black bar when following a route. Too big and not really necessary all the time. I didn't need it taking up that 33% of my screen real estate to tell me I need to take an exit twenty miles away, at least not for all twenty miles. Reduce it back down, I don't recall exactly how that direction block was done before but it was far less annoying because I never had an issue with it until today.

Oh but it did install great on my Galaxy S Epic 4G. My only issue with the install was that with all the other settings it managed to carry over from the previous version, why couldn't it carry over my preferred color scheme?
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Keihin wrote:
ellipsis wrote:The icons on the bottom corners are both blank. The main menu is showing only the top two rows and I have to scroll to the third row. The report menu is showing all three rows as normal.
Other than these issues it seems stable. I'm using a Droid Bionic with CM9.
AFAIK this is all by design. Not bugs.
Then it's a faulty design. What was wrong with the two page indicator at the bottom of the icon screen indicating a need to swipe to the right to go to the second page of buttons. The prior method was a far cleaner and more sensible format for when the button count exceeded what the screen can display.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Note for those like me who dislike the Nav bar now taking up a third of the screen, in night mode it becomes translucent so you can at least kinda see the map and your route. So the fix currently is go full time night mode, except that can be difficult to see in the bright sun.

I'm beginning to wonder why the rush to put out an update when it has so many issues, issues that evidently the beta testers were complaining about. Upgrades should improve the client, why change a good U/I? This need to change things just to be changing things really gets annoying. Upgrades should be to a: FIX KNOWN PROBLEMS!!!!!!
B: Clean up already stable code to make a smaller more efficient app.
or C: Add new operational features.

From what I can tell the U/I changes were not needed for the new features, they were simply made just to be made (and maybe to copy the Apple feel more, which isn't a good idea).
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Tried to update fuel prices when I filled my truck tonight. It locked up twice forcing me to pull the battery to reboot the phone. Both times I hit the report button, then gas, it bounced back to the map and the searching circle appeared and.............................

Maybe the three gas stations at that intersection are some of the ones that have recently vanished from the map, but they were there three weeks ago when I last filled up. But other areas I've checked only one out of the two or three on a intersection had disappeared.

Anyway if no stations available it should just say so, not lock the whole device up.

Count me as one who thinks this update was rushed out too quickly with too little attention paid to what the Beta's were saying (at least according to the Beta's who have commented here.) And too much emphasis on changing the look just to change it. How long til the update that fixes some of these problems?

p.s. Samsung Epic 4G (which is the Sprint name for the Galaxy S with the slide out keyboard) on Gingerbread.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
I use quickly as this update doesn't seem to be fixing any major flaws or providing any of the many highly requested features, FB and foursquare integration are nice but not necessary with all the other issues still out there. Yet it was still pushed out with many new flaws (sorry features) included, thus the rushed out quickly as in, they decided they wanted to make the update go live whether it was really ready or not.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
bdgregg wrote:My two MAJOR complaints with the new version.

1.) Landscape mode that I always use in the car is VERY annoying due to the insanely, no HUGE, Navigation bar. I mean come on - taking 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen for a big black banner with almost nothing in it. Then putting another bar dead center on the bottom to take up another 1/3 of screen. How am I supposed to read the road names on the map? Epic FAIL.

2.) Popup reports that report on issues/hazards etc. up 100 miles away - come on I drive fast but not that fast. Now if I was traveling 25 MPH and WAZE shows things within a 1 mile that would be fine, or if I'm traveling 60 MPH and WAZE would show things 10 miles away that would be fine as well. Keep the notifications to like within 10 minutes of your current position taking into account speed would be best. But 80+ miles away while I'm in 25 MPH traffic doesn't help anyone does it? Put some restraint on the notifications will ya??
1: This was one of the first issues brought up (by me btw) and a smaller bar has already been promised.

2: Go into your settings and set to 5 miles or no pop-ups. The new version defaulted to the max setting when it installed, you can tame them somewhat.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint