These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by bsdmom
Crashes when I try to check invisible mode. Also, GPS location is way off compared to previous version.
bsdmom
Send a message

Post by btrials
Running good so far, of course running Cyanogen Mod 7 but is Gingerbread based and is much smoother for operation compared to the previous version.

rolfmao it's a schizophrenic purple monster :lol:

And where's the crown?! :?

btrials
Send a message
btrials Area Manager Southern New Hampshire
Galaxy SIII Rooted Bel RX65 RadioScanner

Post by btrials
Does everyone have shield/sword/crown if you had it previous to the new version? I've uninstalled and did a fresh install but no crown.
btrials
Send a message

Post by btrials
perlin wrote:
btrials wrote:Does everyone have shield/sword/crown if you had it previous to the new version? I've uninstalled and did a fresh install but no crown.
This version doesn't display them. It will be fixed in a future version (hoping the next one).
Ah okay :)

Thanks!

Other than everyone complaining about the screen glitch I love this version a lot. Super smooth. You'd think with new version of any software they tend to bog down with rich content but seems to really scroll through maps smoothly. Great job Waze team :mrgreen:

By the way, as much as I lost the favorites (only a few) from deleting the cache and the entire old folder through a file manager, doing a fresh install seems to run things even smoother.
btrials
Send a message

Post by btrials
I noticed:

- When logging in, sometimes it automatically tells me if I'm going home and displays the navigation
- The settings for things like miles radius, volume level, etc are sometimes not saved or seem to be resetting when logging off and going back in
- Waze cookie is glitchy, if there's a dead spot of no more than few feet, it think there are no cookies to eat any more and just keeps driving without changing.
btrials
Send a message

Post by btrials
Just a personal opinion on the new mood icons. I honestly don't like it at all. It just doesn't give a sense of fresh breathe or wanting to change to anything (or really could care less).

I'm sorry for the designer(s) that made these icons but hopefully there will be better updated icons.
btrials
Send a message

Post by BzLtYr
Upgraded to 3.5.0.0 on a Samsung Galaxy SIII...Can Not use while synced (via bluetooth) to hands-free device...causes the phone to reboot. When not synced...works perfectly.
BzLtYr
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm having many more consistent issues with v3.5 than I did with any of the betas leading up to this release.

I continue to have issues with waze freezing or acting sluggish when an alert popup is open. This is compounded by the fact that the ft/meters problems seem to be back. Thus popups that used to say in something like 500ft now say something like in 1700ft, but the alert actually shows at 1700 meters, which means the popups are up for a long time as I don't typically close them manually.

When I add a stop, the initial navigation instruction is always "proceeding to highlighted route" even though the next instruction has not changed from the previous route without the added stop and I haven't deviated from the route. Add-a-route also seems to initially disable the option to keep my car centered in the map. If I don't manually recenter, nothing changes on the display until the next navigation instruction is given. If I do manually recenter sometimes that is enough to get waze to display the next turn instruction.

Entering gas prices is a disaster for me using 3.5. When I get to a station and say I want to enter prices, the list of stations consistently has no text. When I try to enter prices, I can't change N/A prices with my touch screen. I can't activate the N/A boxes by touch or by tab on the screen keyboard. Only with the physical keyboard on my phone, can I tab to the N/A boxes. However, the only time I successfully entered a price over a N/A, waze then crashed completely (logs sent about 9:00 AM EDT (13:00 GMT) November 1).
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Chronos47
I've been looking at all the issues that has been reported so far and experience most of the UI based issues:
* The Nav bar is too big
(on Phone it takes 30%, of Galaxy Tab 7 it takes about 15% but it is still too much)
* the app being locked in portrait mode
(i found that on an HTC Flyer, it gets stuck in Landscape mode so the issue might be related to the devices default orientation)

I do however feel that there is a usability issue:
* the new notification popup is too small on a 7" device. the Close button is easily missed while driving and the text is unreadable (just too small). this might even be worse on 10" devices.

I have picked up a bug that has not been reported yet:
* Since I installed 3.5, my voice navigation has picked up split personality disorder. The device is set to the female voice. It gives the distance and street names in the female voice but the direction in the male voice (female in 300m male turn left female into streetname). i have tried changing every possible setting but the male voice persists.

There is a few requests:
* Can the Frustrated mood rather be called something like "annoyed" and the frustrated mood icon returned? (the current icon does not represent the true frustration one feels when stuck in traffic)
* Can other hazards like "Dead traffic Light" be added (when this is chosen, then all directions are informed). this will help alot in countries like south africa where dead traffic lights are a daily occurence.
Chronos47
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.geminieffect.net/web/Portal ... _droid.png
Area Manager : Pretoria, Centurion, Hekpoort/Magaliesburg

Post by crazed_out
Congrats to all of us. Haven't installed 3.5 yet so I'm assuming it the same as the last beta or maybe with a couple of more fixes.

Got it working correctly on my phone today driving home from work and thought to try some of the issues I've been seeing in earlier betas. When adding a stop to my route and choosing to see alternative routes it recalculated the ETA to 1 min. Removed the entire route and started over. Same thing again, started over a third time and ignored to select a route. Then it worked.

Navigating to a destination with a stop that makes you drive the same way twice, once in each direction, showed that the purple colored track for the second leg displays on top of the pinkish track for the first leg. This seems like a bug.

Then I left the route suggested by Waze to see what happened. Waze then gave me a route that lead me back to where I came from. About 6 kilometers all in all. When I closed in on the turn to go back Waze instructed me to turn according to this, in my eyes, faulty route. When I was 20 meters from the turn Waze suddenly reported to have found a faster route, skipping to the fastest route from that point, but it was too late. The rerouting should have found that route from the beginning of my leaving the track in the beginning some 4 kilometers earlier.

The performance is a little bit sluggish on my rather old phone, but I guess the new version has a bigger footprint than the 3.2.2.2 version had. I will try the same navigation again tomorrow with the newly installed 3.5 and will get back on the matter again.

Cheers
crazed_out,
and thank you for your exellent work.
crazed_out
Send a message