These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Post by perlin
Aaaaand we're live! You can find the official release on Play store.
Please share here your feedback about the version (bad and good of course).

Thanks!
perlin

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by perlin
porubcan wrote:Perlin, maybe it would be helpful if you explain reasons and consideration you've taken of UI changes (e.g. scrolling menu, large navi bar) and other changes, which were criticized by beta testers all the time for each beta version; and now by user's of new version.
  • Nav bar in landscape mode will be thinner in the next version.
  • Scrolling menu- the main menu will always be scrollable in navigation mode, since extra buttons are added (stopping the navigation, muting, etc.). We decided it will also be scrollable when not in navigation mode, as we want the two states to be unified. This way the shut-down button is always in the same place, users (especially newbie) won't be exposed to too many buttons (and get confused) and the less important buttons will stay hidden.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
tkiss wrote:Leave facebook and other crazy silly features! Not facebook integration, not foursquare checkin (???!?!), and not the silly icons and points. People use this for DRIVING not for social life. I do know it's a FREE app, but come on - if nearly all the above would be true I and probably a lot of other people would be HAPPY to pay for it! Please give us a usable app which rocks all the others!
Jpere wrote:What is the point of having beta testers if you're going to ignore their feedback? Unbelievable.
I would like to comment about these statements. First of all, we don't ignore your feedback. As many users (especially the beta ones) can safely say, we take under account everything you have to say, ask for your honest thoughts, sometimes even consult you and eventually change things (of course not all things) according to your suggestions. You are our most valuable asset and we take you and your comments very seriously.

Secondly, true, waze is a navigation app, but it is a community-based, social navigation app. The whole social aspect is the extra value of the app and what differentiates us from others. That doesn't mean we put the navigation aspect aside and focus only on the social part of things. Not at all. Were always working on improving things- navigation wise, stability wise, connectivity wise. PLUS we always try to think innovatively and refresh the design. We take ALL of your comments, requests and suggestions under consideration and try to implement them. Of course things can't be done by flicking a switch. It takes time and a lot of thought and effort to design and build features and make changes.

And one last thing, if you don't like the integration with FB, you can always choose not to connect.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
crazed_out wrote:Got it working correctly on my phone today driving home from work and thought to try some of the issues I've been seeing in earlier betas. When adding a stop to my route and choosing to see alternative routes it recalculated the ETA to 1 min. Removed the entire route and started over. Same thing again, started over a third time and ignored to select a route. Then it worked.
Failed to reproduce. Maybe you can describe the steps you're doing?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
btrials wrote:Does everyone have shield/sword/crown if you had it previous to the new version? I've uninstalled and did a fresh install but no crown.
This version doesn't display them. It will be fixed in a future version (hoping the next one).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
argus-cronos wrote:If i tap on the Waze Pick up item in phone's notifications, the screen turns around 180° and no way to change back
Known issue. We will fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
argus-cronos wrote:Hello Perlin ;)
German Translation

i hope "you are nearing your destination" did make it into TTS now ;)

All about Nickname is mostly not translated.

Sentences didn't make it to the client.
You'll also see where I am, and watch in real time as I arrive
Refresh map of my area (Don't know how much this will be changed in the future or has been changend in the past :evil: )

sentence which is not in transifex
How to edit the map

changed sentences:
Send pick up request
Just double-checking
Email address
See friends, control how you're displayed, and view your inbox, coupons, driving stats, and more.
I want to pick you up. Send me your location with Waze.

...and a few more, please check transifex, thanxs.
Please refer all translation issues to Orit (translations@waze.com). She's handling them.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
bkayrac wrote:also can't send pickup requests via texts......same phone galaxy nexus google play version, 4.1.2

it breaks up the message into 2 texts, which completely breaks the link

with the little 'i want to pick you up' the texts are just to long
The link is indeed too long. We will fix that.
perlin
Send a message

Post by paulwelch23
Jpere wrote:... the last thing I need is to scroll the menu when there is PLENTY OF SCREEN SPACE remaining.

Secondly, I dislike the fact that the X button to close the pop ups is tiny and tucked away in the corner of the pop-up.
I couldn't agree more with these statements.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
paulwelch23
Send a message
Paul M. Welch, PE

Tennessee-based CM, focusing on Middle / East TN and Memphis
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by Olestas
If I have working route, and want to add stop DIRECTLY FROM MAP, i long press on some place, select MORE, ADD stop on the way - and it breaks current route, makes new route to selected place, and asks to NOW add a stop. Thats wrong. You should be able to add stop on the way to current route from map long press.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message