Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Post by
Aaaaand we're live! You can find the official release on Play store.
Please share here your feedback about the version (bad and good of course).

Thanks!

POSTER_ID:4932690

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
perlin wrote:
tkiss wrote:Leave facebook and other crazy silly features! Not facebook integration, not foursquare checkin (???!?!), and not the silly icons and points. People use this for DRIVING not for social life. I do know it's a FREE app, but come on - if nearly all the above would be true I and probably a lot of other people would be HAPPY to pay for it! Please give us a usable app which rocks all the others!
Jpere wrote:What is the point of having beta testers if you're going to ignore their feedback? Unbelievable.
I would like to comment about these statements. First of all, we don't ignore your feedback. As many users (especially the beta ones) can safely say, we take under account everything you have to say, ask for your honest thoughts, sometimes even consult you and eventually change things (of course not all things) according to your suggestions. You are our most valuable asset and we take you and your comments very seriously.

Secondly, true, waze is a navigation app, but it is a community-based, social navigation app. The whole social aspect is the extra value of the app and what differentiates us from others. That doesn't mean we put the navigation aspect aside and focus only on the social part of things. Not at all. Were always working on improving things- navigation wise, stability wise, connectivity wise. PLUS we always try to think innovatively and refresh the design. We take ALL of your comments, requests and suggestions under consideration and try to implement them. Of course things can't be done by flicking a switch. It takes time and a lot of thought and effort to design and build features and make changes.

And one last thing, if you don't like the integration with FB, you can always choose not to connect.
Really, I mean really.

You have ignored all and any suggestions from beta feedback. You have pushed to the market inferior product that crashes more often than any previous version.

Common girls. Investors are waiting for results.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by aamadorj
bkayrac wrote:can't view scoreboard inside app, crashes on galaxy nexus google play version, 4.1.2

logs sent just a minute ago
Same problem here: scoreboard option produces "force close". My device is also a Google Nexus, running Jellybean (ParanoidAndroid 2.52 ROM) and latest version of Waze.

I will try "nuking" the Waze folder on SD Card.

UPDATE: deleting Waze folder on SD Card didn't help. Waze still "force closed" at the scoreboard option.
aamadorj
Send a message

Post by aamadorj
perlin wrote:
aamadorj wrote:
bkayrac wrote:can't view scoreboard inside app, crashes on galaxy nexus google play version, 4.1.2

logs sent just a minute ago
Same problem here: scoreboard option produces "force close". My device is also a Google Nexus, running Jellybean (ParanoidAndroid 2.52 ROM) and latest version of Waze.

I will try "nuking" the Waze folder on SD Card.

UPDATE: deleting Waze folder on SD Card didn't help. Waze still "force closed" at the scoreboard option.
Please send logs and specify the date and hour of the occurrence.
Log has been sent each time the problem has happened. I hope they help to pinpoint the problem and find a solution.

I can send any other information you guys need about this subject. Good luck!
aamadorj
Send a message

Post by Agamicox
HTC One X
First the good:
Love new look, new colors, much more responsive map scrolling (smooth, fast).
Good improvement, thanks devs.

The bad:
1) Any pop-up with an Alert is blocking the actual point where alert occurred so you cannot see where exactly reported place is. You cannot drag/move or exit the Pop-Up with out exiting the place of alert. Can this be fixed? Window should be pushed to a side or/and be a little smaller maybe? OR the map could scroll up/down or anywhere to make pop-up not block the point of interest.

2) It does not go back to Panoramic view sometimes, so I need to Switch off/on Waze.

3) Had problem switching Waze On. When I want to switch on Waze, I get Facebook or Facebook messenger started - I think that's because of 'integration'. That happened when I was playing around with an option to Send/Share location by Message - which didn't work (The Facebook Messenger)... at least for me :]]] and after that, each time I was pushing Waze on screen it loaded previous App, but not Waze. To fix that I had to Press as much Back button on Phone as Possible until all Apps where Quit and only then Waze would start.

4) When I press Share -> Message -> Facebook Messenger -> (it opens correct app, correct person, but chat windows is empty, no link or what so ever).

Will we get a Tutorial how new features actually work? The introduction video did not answer my questions :roll:
Can we just send Navigation route to who ever we want by Email/Facebook messege with ETA Calculated by Waze and Route map or I'm dreaming here? :roll:
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by Agamicox
Will someone implement Favorite sorting function? A-Z or New-Old or what ever?
Or maybe Export to somewhere -> Arrange them how you want and Import back in order?

Can this be done? I use Waze daily, need my list of Favorites to be saved/organizes as I am visiting different sites regularly.

Very good points sahmbo1!
+1
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by Agamicox
olestas wrote:If I have working route, and want to add stop DIRECTLY FROM MAP, i long press on some place, select MORE, ADD stop on the way - and it breaks current route, makes new route to selected place, and asks to NOW add a stop. Thats wrong. You should be able to add stop on the way to current route from map long press.
Oh man, believe me, I am dreaming this functionality to be true... I could plan my routes sooo easily... Pretty much for half of the day... Set it up and forget about touching Screen, just drive :-]

Please let us add a stop from the map, not from "Search field"... (or maybe it is possible to do it and I am blind? :roll: )
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by Agamicox
pvaladares wrote:
perlin wrote:
Agamicox wrote:Will someone implement Favorite sorting function? A-Z or New-Old or what ever?
Or maybe Export to somewhere -> Arrange them how you want and Import back in order?
This option will be implemented in a future version.
In the meanwhile it is possible to manually sort the favourites in the history file ;)
Yeah, used File explorer on my Android and emailed me my Favorites (which are hidden in file name "history" - just scroll down in that file). Will work out a list on PC and re-upload it to Android myself.

Thanks anyway pvaladares! 8-)
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by aicis
Scrolled trough this thread and all of my issues are already reported.
Glad to see dev team working on them and letting users know about progress.
One thing i am confused about - after updating to 3.5 i noticed talks about hands-free reporting and couldn't wait to test it out. Unfortunately i tried everything, but couldn't get it to work.
All i could find about the feature was this: http://tinyurl.com/c9gjmhe
They are using the feature on Galaxy S3.
Is the feature limited to certain phones?
I don't have voice command menu in waze.
Using Samsung Galaxy S2.
aicis
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
GPSofficial wrote:The voice navigator gets really repetitive. As in, i would be less than a mile from a turn and it would remind me to make that turn several times in that mile, sometimes just moments apart.
No. There are a maximum of three reminders, the count and distance from the turn are dependent on speed.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by alenansk
disappointed and sad about very many stupid issues already reported (menu that needs to be scrolled, information box opens outside the screen when tap on wazer on map, unvisible "X", too big navigation black boxes that covers the map.. etc etc etc)

+1: if it was my first time to use this app, i wold delete it :(
and actually... if i need to use some option while driving... i prefer not to use it... prefer to park before....

i hope you know what you are doing... and i wish that waze will not finish like apple navigator!
alenansk
Send a message
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0