These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by serick224
Well done on a quick fix to the "share my drive" URL link. And bravo on this feature in general :D; it has blown away two friends of mine already. One thought it was "creepy" that somebody else can know "exactly" where you are, while the other felt like James Bond popping out from the bushes when he saw that I was 1 minute away and found me driving up to meet him.

This morning I got Waze into a state where pressing the launcher icon from the home screen would bring up Android's built-in SMS "Messaging" app instead of Waze :!: Being a developer, I know this has something to do with the back stack. I had previously sent a "share my drive" link via text messaging. I don't know the details of how you guys manage the stack, but please look into this, as it gives the impression that Waze isn't launching for some reason and is broken.

PS before I realized what was going on I manually killed the app and cleared its cache, neither of which did anything. I finally fixed it by pressing the launcher icon (which brought up Messaging) and pressing the "back" key on my phone. If I remember right, that kicked me back to the home screen. I could then re-launch Waze normally.
serick224
Send a message

Post by serick224
I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.

:?: :?:

On a slightly related note, is there a way to close all the windows that pop up at once? While sending a meet up text I can get 3 - 4 windows deep, and clicking the small 'x' or pressing back that many times while driving is dangerous.
serick224
Send a message

Post by serick224
perlin wrote:
serick224 wrote:I've noticed something quite odd: at least two different people I know of do not receive my "share my drive" texts. One of them used to get them, but now does not (she uses an iPhone). The other person uses a feature phone. The majority of people I've sent them to get them. I know something is definitely funky though because I tried sending several in a row from Waze along with regular texts, and the regulars get through while the Waze ones did not.
Where are you located? (US/Europe/etc.)
US
serick224
Send a message

Post by sharuzzaman
My comment:

1. Bluish color theme is not clear during night. Road and road name is not clear. Please change to bright color, or provide option to user to select their own color theme

2. Highway with blue color and cyan outline is messy and crowded. Please change to bright and light color with no outline. Blue color for highway is causing the navigation path (purple color) seems invisible and blended.

3. The top horizontal bar which contain distance to next junction, and the junction name is too big. It takes nearly 1/5 of screen when used in landscape (on Galaxy Tab 7 inch). Please move the distance under the navigation arrow, and make junction name to single line, and smaller font. Please give more space to map, compared to text. People using GPS to see the map, not reading the text.
sharuzzaman
Send a message

Post by Snoops_d
(If this has already been answered please guide me to the url)

This is related to the overall security of Waze.

I'm unable to find the "My Waze>My Profile>Privacy>Show me as: Anonymous" option in 3.5.
There is the "Hide me completely"/"Stealth Mission" option, is this the new "Drive Anonymous"? or?
If so I find it a problem that the user needs to activate it every time.
It'd be great if it was possible to choose from both the old Anonymous and the new Ninja Stealth Mission.

Keep up the great work! :)
Snoops_d
Send a message

Post by SocalToe
1. Initial driving direction WRONG
2. Last 1-2 minutes of drive missing.

1. Previously waze would assume that if I was on the south side of an east-west street my initial driving direction would be east ........... that would be correct 90% of the time.

Now it assumes I'm starting of in a westerly direction.... .i.e have to do U-turn to start driving ( which isn't always possible)

This is easy to see. Just see what direction your 'car' is pointing when you start app...

2. My 'drive' traces are coming up short and don't show me getting to my destination. I estimate it's the last 1 or 2 minutes.

Is there some 'new' special way to exit waze now? I'm doing what I've always done, which is exiting till it asks if I want to turn off.....
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
It gets stuck with

'sending update'

when updating gas prices.....
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by Spaceman_Spiff
I also have same issue (losing screen rotation after incoming call). Screenshot is not very useful in this case, it's just the screen in portrait mode ;)
Spaceman_Spiff
Send a message

Post by Spil
CTCNetwork wrote:Same thing to select your car. You have the icon and no text beside it until you select one and it pops back to the previous menu.
I brought this problem (and a similar one) up in a couple of the beta threads for this version, but Waze couldn't reproduce the error on any of the devices that they were using. Maybe I should send them mine when I get a new one, since I've run across several such errors on my phone that they can't reproduce on their devices. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by storrm
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S2 G version and recentlt flashed CyanogenMod v10.0.0. Couldn't even load Waze. It just crash when launched. Is there any compatibily issue here?
storrm
Send a message