These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by makoti
Ok. By & large, I think it looks good. Don't care for the large nav bar, but not a killer. Two things, however:
1) When I open it, I can get it to rotate into Landscape view. But if I put it into the background for a minute (say, to check another app), when it comes back up it will only hold Portrait view. Can NOT get it to go back to Landscape. Most annoying.
2) I am beyond dissapointed that you couldn't get it to mute or lower the volume of whatever was playing (Pandora/Slacker/TuneIn/etc) when giving directions. That one feature is the reason I continue to use Google if I am going somewhere I *really* need directions. If it's there, and I'm missing it please tell me!
Details: Bionic/ICS/rooted
makoti
Send a message

Post by makoti
deeggo wrote:
mchiroptera wrote:
makoti wrote:1) When I open it, I can get it to rotate into Landscape view. But if I put it into the background for a minute (say, to check another app), when it comes back up it will only hold Portrait view. Can NOT get it to go back to Landscape. Most annoying.
Same with HTC One S :?
Have you tried removing the app, removing the sd-card folder and reinstalling (keep a copy of your history file somewhere to restore afterwards)?
Honestly, no. My first thought when I get a major update to a program is usually not "I should uninstall this to get it to work". ;)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try. Gotta figure out where my history file is hiding.
makoti
Send a message

Post by Manevitch
New UI is nice - needs some tweaking that others have already discussed, but overall it's much smoother.

However: there are 3.3 feet to a meter, not 1.1 - alerts while set to Imperial units are still showing distances in yards, while referring to feet. This has been a known issue for a long time and we still have no remedy. I know those of us in the dark ages of inches, quarts and horsepower represent a small portion of the world at large, but if the option is offered it really should be accurate.
Manevitch
Send a message

Post by maryjayjay
Much more stable on my GNex. I like the new theme, though I agree that the big black nav box at the top is oppresive in landscape mode.

Only grievance: Waze *still* keeps me from using my bluetooth pause button to control background audio while I'm in the app. Forward and backward work in waze, but the pause doesn't. If I pull the notification drawer down, it works. If I switch to a different app or the home screen, it works, but if I'm in Waze, the pause doesn't do anything.

I posted this in the client forum many weeks ago and got no response. Since I don't know of any other way to report bugs, I'd love to get acknowledgement that someone at Waze has seen the issue.
maryjayjay
Send a message

Post by mattej73
The new version is working well for me so far, two things though. Pleas shrink the navigation bar back down, it's taking up too much real estate at the top of the screen and also, as with every other version, please stop making smaller roads disappear off the map when you're doing 40+ MPH.

Thanks,
Matt
mattej73
Send a message

Post by Mattiedale
Operating on a Motorola Photon using Android 2.3.5 OS. Returning to Cincinnati Ohio from La Grange Kentucky along I-71. Waze kept zoomed way in and recalculating the route over and over. Tried re-booting phone and also re-loading tiles. Finally turned off navigation. Left two marks on the map and checked them once back at home. Nothing apparent on the map as problems with I-71.
Mattiedale
Send a message

Post by mchiroptera
makoti wrote:1) When I open it, I can get it to rotate into Landscape view. But if I put it into the background for a minute (say, to check another app), when it comes back up it will only hold Portrait view. Can NOT get it to go back to Landscape. Most annoying.
Same with HTC One S :?
mchiroptera
Send a message

Post by Mike-1323
Den_in_USA wrote:
anonymous0816 wrote:Since the upgrade the waze icon in the pull down status bar is almost invisible because on my device.
The icon and the bar both are of quite the same bright grey color.
A solution could be a bi-color design that has at least some kind of contrast in itself even if background transparency is used.

Thank You.
I have the same problem. My Waze icon is white on a light grey backround. However, not all Android versions have a light grey backround. I have version 2.2.2 (Froyo).
Many default ROMs have the notification bar as white or light grey, they will all have this problem. It was not this way in the beta. I don't know why the icon was made monochrome white between the last beta and the play store version. It seems that the icon was changed just for the sake of changing it and now it's much worse for many users.

Please change it back.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Required reading: Quick Start Guide, Best Practices, USA Road Types

Post by Mike-1323
dmcconachie wrote:
perlin wrote:Actually we followed Google's documentation regarding iconography, but since you guys are not satisfied with it, we will change it. We'll try to do it for the next official version.
D'oh! I preferred the new one! Ah well.
I've never actually seen the new one. I thought that I lost the notification bar icon altogether as a bug until others pointed out what's happening. I have no way of changing my notification bar color without rooting my phone (something that I'd prefer to avoid for now) so I still don't know what the new icon looks like. I'm taking the word of others that there's actually an icon there.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Mike-1323
m4rc072 wrote:Absolutely not, the coverage is perfect the other app works fine, only waze and only this version. In the same places, with the previous version I never had any problems.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
I agree that this version is reporting lost network in locations where it hasn't before and when the phone itself is indicating that the network is still connected and other apps are still receiving data.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message