Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby wimg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 pm

When you add a stop and you need to return after the stop over a parallel road, you get speed cam warnings on your drive TO the stop for speed cams you won't encounter until you return FROM the stop on the parallel road.
wimg

Postby alenansk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:29 pm

today i completely reset my phone (factory reset)
after reinstall waze, i don't have anymore menu with "level of guidance" and i have only 2 languages for voice istructions - english and italian
just a problem - my waze is in russian and i would like to have instructions also in russian.. is it possible?? till today it was possible :(
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:26 am

Today, on 4 out of 6 launches of Waze, it reported it was unable to access the SD Card right after launch, and then froze. I was unable to exit out of Waze, even using a program like Advanced Task Killer was unable to kill Waze at that point. I had to reboot.

Didn't matter if it was fresh after a reboot, or if the phone had been on and working for hours.

Looks like I'm the only one seeing this problem, so if it keeps up I'll try uninstalling Waze, nuking the folder, and reinstalling.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby alenansk » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:57 am

alenansk wrote:today i completely reset my phone (factory reset)
after reinstall waze, i don't have anymore menu with "level of guidance" and i have only 2 languages for voice istructions - english and italian
just a problem - my waze is in russian and i would like to have instructions also in russian.. is it possible?? till today it was possible :(

ok..find.... now "level of guidance" is in AUDIO settings???
for me is strange... must be back to navigation settings ?
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby fotrik » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm

perlin wrote:
porubcan wrote:Perlin, maybe it would be helpful if you explain reasons and consideration you've taken of UI changes (e.g. scrolling menu, large navi bar) and other changes, which were criticized by beta testers all the time for each beta version; and now by user's of new version.

• Nav bar in landscape mode will be thinner in the next version.

It's a great improvement of the application in general but please let me repeat from the previous beta feedbacks that in 2D portrait it's also a problem and the toolbar covers half of the map in front of the car. The previous scheme in 3.2 was much more usefull. Additionaly, when the new "social" toolbar adds on top of it last ~500 m before destination, it's impossible to see the route to destination, especialy in complex net of small streets I was lost and had to shift the map manually while driving.

Proposed solutions
navigation toolbar
* revert to 3.2 style
or at least
* allow to set the transparency level of the toolbar
and/or
* make the toolbar smaller also in (2D?) portrait

social toolbar
* allow to switch it off
(BTW, this toolbar doesn't disappear even if I go many kilometers beyond the original destination...
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi Perlin.

We (I say "we" because we are many users) would like the possibility to get a TTS alert on speed camera EVEN if we are below the speed limit.
This could be enabled / disabled by a setting.

Actually, some of area managers use to put the speed limit to 10 km/h on speed cameras, this permits to get a TTS alert for everyone.

I think it is not a very hard work to insert a test condition (this test condition already exists on speed).

I think that devs are spending most of their time on social stuffs not so usefull, and do not work on most usefull functionnalities requested for a very long time now.
We can understand your strategy, but you also should understand the needs of the users...
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Re: Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby mssusa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin.

We (I say "we" because we are many users) would like the possibility to get a TTS alert on speed camera EVEN if we are below the speed limit.

Actually, some of area managers use to put the speed limit to 10 km/h on speed cameras, this permits to get a TTS alert for everyone.

I think it is not a very hard work to insert a test condition (this test condition already exists on speed).

I like this idea. I've always wanted to get an alert if I'm 3~5km/h below the limit. I don't know about others' preference, so I never modify the camera details.
If it is implemented, then I'd like to control how close to the speed limit I am before I get an alert. I don't want to be alerted always. I am satisfied with just a setting in the preferences file.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Den_in_USA » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Recently I was "navigating" home and while I was driving past our local airport, I lost my GPS signal. It returned after I passed the airport.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Re: Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby autourdupc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:49 pm

mssusa wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin.

I like this idea. I've always wanted to get an alert if I'm 3~5km/h below the limit. I don't know about others' preference, so I never modify the camera details.
If it is implemented, then I'd like to control how close to the speed limit I am before I get an alert. I don't want to be alerted always. I am satisfied with just a setting in the preferences file.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This can be a setting like for clocks, with 3 digits, in % of the speed !
If setting is 100%, it means limit at real speed (like actual limit)
If setting is 50%, it means half of speed limit.
If setting is 75%, it means 3/4 of speed limit.
If setting is 0%, it means "no alert".
But the value should be entered in "real value", not a drop down list ! (means I can enter 37% i.e)
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby btrials » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Just a personal opinion on the new mood icons. I honestly don't like it at all. It just doesn't give a sense of fresh breathe or wanting to change to anything (or really could care less).

I'm sorry for the designer(s) that made these icons but hopefully there will be better updated icons.
btrials Area Manager Southern New Hampshire
Galaxy SIII Rooted Bel RX65 RadioScanner
btrials

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App