Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby Den_in_USA » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:26 pm

I noticed that when I navigate somewhere, sometimes my ETA is not posted to Twitter even though I am logged into Twitter in Waze.
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:50 pm

I listen to Pandora music and also am able to hear Waze voice prompts. The volume level for both is the "Media" volume control. Is it possible to boost the Waze volume so that it is clearly louder than my music?

Also, when I am navigating to my home, I would like to get voice prompts for all alerts that are on my route.
Den_in_USA

Postby dmcconachie » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:51 pm

noamparn wrote:The huge navigation bar is especially a problem in Landscape mode.
I'm getting the same thing on mine (with the orientation not returning to landscape after coming back to Waze).

Both of these have been acknowledged and will hopefully be fixed in a patch (No ETA)
dmcconachie

Postby noamparn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 pm

bjdrums wrote:Congratlations. Love the new look.

It took a while for the GPS to finally lock in and after many restarts, but now it's functioning well.

Two issues:

- I agree with the other that the navigation bar is too big (especially in landscape mode). I think it would look better if all the information were condensed to a single line 1/3 the size it is now (see attachment)

- BUG: Droid X in Car Dock - Android version 2.3.4
1. Start Waze in landscape mode
2. Switch to another screen or application outside of Waze
3. When I return to Waze the screen is stuck in portrait mode and will not detect orientation.

I agree with these issues and bugs. The huge navigation bar is especially a problem in Landscape mode.
I'm getting the same thing on mine (with the orientation not returning to landscape after coming back to Waze).
noamparn

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:26 am

I too am facing unexpected issues with the latest waze version which i havent faced before, even in the betas. The issues are mentioned below.

1) GPS connection issues like the one mentioned in the post above me. Definitely not my device as other maps lock on quickly.

2) keep losing network connection over and over again where as on other apps i have the GPRS working.

3) When reporting its taking too much time to update it. (e.g. i reported a pothole but the update happened successfully after i drove over 2 KMs.

I hope these are looked into as early as can be before it has negative impact on its users. Other then these things i found it to be the best app. never got involved with any other mapping software.
vcoolvin

Postby Olestas » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:57 am

Waze 3.5 keeps loosing GPS randomly. I have reported this many times, sent many logs, but all was useless. I did not get any reply explaining if it is my phone fault or waze fault, which I believe more. GPS is lost after police alert, radar alert, or some other alerts. GPS is lost when i stop the car. GPS is lost when nearing destination bar appears.

This is the most annoying issue, because GPS is the most essential part of navigating.

Android 2.3.3
LG P500.
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Daknife » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:13 am

I use quickly as this update doesn't seem to be fixing any major flaws or providing any of the many highly requested features, FB and foursquare integration are nice but not necessary with all the other issues still out there. Yet it was still pushed out with many new flaws (sorry features) included, thus the rushed out quickly as in, they decided they wanted to make the update go live whether it was really ready or not.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby invented » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 am

^^^ I don't think "quickly"' is the word as it was in beta for quite a while. The beta pool just isn't diverse enough it seems.
invented

Postby Daknife » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 am

Tried to update fuel prices when I filled my truck tonight. It locked up twice forcing me to pull the battery to reboot the phone. Both times I hit the report button, then gas, it bounced back to the map and the searching circle appeared and.............................

Maybe the three gas stations at that intersection are some of the ones that have recently vanished from the map, but they were there three weeks ago when I last filled up. But other areas I've checked only one out of the two or three on a intersection had disappeared.

Anyway if no stations available it should just say so, not lock the whole device up.

Count me as one who thinks this update was rushed out too quickly with too little attention paid to what the Beta's were saying (at least according to the Beta's who have commented here.) And too much emphasis on changing the look just to change it. How long til the update that fixes some of these problems?

p.s. Samsung Epic 4G (which is the Sprint name for the Galaxy S with the slide out keyboard) on Gingerbread.
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby autourdupc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:20 am

When Waze runs in background, it ignores the alerts.
In the past, I was using "ABE radards" available on market.
ABE was able to run in background AND detects alerts !
I think you can do a better job on this :lol:
I also found :
1) All texts are not translated (and not available into transifex) See picture for 1 example
2) Unable to access gas station in France... Is functionnality available and working for France ? See picture
3) Unable to send reports when no network (but still receive pop-up) : Waze should be able to store the report and send it later
4) Have always the same pop-up when starting Waze (that where not existing before .125 beta)
5) Still get reports outside radius defined in settings (this is a boring issue, isn't it ?)
6) When stopped, we get reports opening. No highlight of the attached event on the map for the pop-up so we can't localize the event on the map --> unusable when driving
It would be great if we could have the same localization on the map like for speed camera.
7) When "thanks" a pop-up report, still have a delay to close it. It would be great if it could close immediately the pop-up alert.
8) When "thank" or close a pop-up report, it would be great if Waze could store the information that we close or thank it, so it won't pop-up anymore till we start Waze again.
8) The localization of a speed camera is a blue design on the map. Can it be red ?
(in night mode, blue is not visible on blue background)
9) Can we have a setting for speed camera that permits a TTS voice not depending on the speed ?
(this setting could be : Enable everytime speed camera TTS alerts yes/no)
10) Still have zoom issue when in manual zoom. Drive with zoom in maximum. After a while (20 minutes driving in a city) zoom level has changed ! (still boring since the first day !)

Hope this will be read, understood and applyed ! ;) ;)

Screenshot_2012-10-31-18-04-28.png
(97.42 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App